Linda Howard Book Junkies discussion

Deadline
This topic is about Deadline
Non-Linda Books of the Month > June '18 Non-LH BOTM - Deadline

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Tanvi (trwriteratwork) | 1121 comments Mod
Dawson Scott is a well-respected journalist recently returned from Afghanistan. Haunted by everything he experienced, he's privately suffering from battle fatigue which is a threat to every aspect of his life. But then he gets a call from a source within the FBI. A new development has come to light in a story that began 40 years ago. It could be the BIG story of Dawson's career one in which he has a vested interest.

Soon, Dawson is covering the disappearance and presumed murder of former Marine Jeremy Wesson, the biological son of the pair of terrorists who remain on the FBI's Most Wanted list. As Dawson delves into the story, he finds himself developing feelings for Wesson's ex-wife, Amelia, and her two young sons. But when Amelia's nanny turns up dead, the case takes a stunning new turn, with Dawson himself becoming a suspect. Haunted by his own demons, Dawson takes up the chase for the notorious outlaws. . .and the secret, startling truth about himself.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) I listened to this a couple of years ago and loved it. I’ll join the discussion if I can remember the details.

message 3: by Eve (new)

Eve (everf) | 816 comments I try to get my hands on this one. My library didn't have it, so I'll have to check if its available in some bookstore. Sounds interesting.

message 4: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Jonetta wrote: "I listened to this a couple of years ago and loved it. I’ll join the discussion if I can remember the details."

Yay! That's great Jonetta, please do share your thoughts and comments! :)

message 5: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Eve wrote: "I try to get my hands on this one. My library didn't have it, so I'll have to check if its available in some bookstore. Sounds interesting."

Doesn't it? I hope you get a copy! :)

message 6: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

I started reading Deadline just yesterday and so far, it has been a bit confusing (so many characters and info all at once) but I'm intrigued. I had also jumped into it without really reading the synopsis.. :p Things became a little clearer after reading the synopsis but it also spoiled me for something that would have been shocking otherwise - now I just keep waiting for it to happen.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) I do recall that Brown addressed PTSD here in a very realistic way.

message 8: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Hello there! I finished Deadline a few days ago - enjoyed it somewhat. I think, I kept comparing it LH's writing style and characters and relationships - not on purpose, but still - and it came up short on every count. Some of the twists were surprising while a few major things were predictable. I am still a little confused about one little thing but I may have missed something while reading it for the first time, so..
But I'm glad I read it and I will definitely be picking up another novel by Sandra Brown soon.