Linda Howard Book Junkies discussion

Veil of Night
This topic is about Veil of Night
Book of the Month > June '18 BOTM - Veil of Night

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tanvi (trwriteratwork) | 1121 comments Mod
Jaclyn Wilde is a wedding planner who loves her job - until the bride whose wedding she's organising is brutally killed, with everyone involved pointing fingers at everyone else. Jaclyn isn't a suspect, but somehow she becomes the focus of the killer, leaving detective Eric Wilder with a whole new problem to deal with.

message 2: by Eve (new) - rated it 2 stars

Eve (everf) | 816 comments I read this book nearly 4 years ago, so I really looking forward re-reading it again. It was good story. One of those cosy mystery types.

message 3: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Eve wrote: "I read this book nearly 4 years ago, so I really looking forward re-reading it again. It was good story. One of those cosy mystery types."

Yes! It's been a while for me too...I've forgotten most of the story so I'm happy getting to reread it with the group! :)

Sandra J Weaver (sandraweaver) | 149 comments I read this quite awhile ago, but I remember how much I enjoyed the weddings. Some of them were pretty funny.

message 5: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Sandra J wrote: "I read this quite awhile ago, but I remember how much I enjoyed the weddings. Some of them were pretty funny."

:) That's great Sandra, would love to have you join in the discussion!

Marika | 78 comments I'm reading it, so far I like it.

message 7: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Marika wrote: "I'm reading it, so far I like it."

Yay! :) I hope to get to it soon..

message 8: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I started Veil of Night a couple days back, I'm only 3 chapters in (haven't been getting much time to just sit down and read) but I'm hoping I'll be able to put in more time on the weekend. :)

message 9: by Tanvi, Moderator-in-Training ;) (new) - rated it 5 stars

I finished it!! Saturday night! I enjoyed it a lot more this time around - bumped it up from 4 stars to 5 stars since it kept me hooked till the end. I hadn't read anything for almost 2 weeks.

The best thing was watching Eric's bad luck in trying to get a decent cup of coffee ever since he met Jaclyn. Hahaha! Poor guy!

I appreciated the characters a bit more this time and it's now one of my favorites from LH though not as high up in my list as Mr Perfect but still. :)

message 10: by Eve (last edited Jun 16, 2018 12:13PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Eve (everf) | 816 comments I felt sorry for Eric and his bad luck in trying to get coffee... Poor guy. Not much of a coffee drinker myself but coffee should taste like a coffee, not with some fancy taste ;)

PS: Mr Perfect was awsome and its hard to top that one.