What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

The Highlander's Forbidden Bride (Sinclare Brothers, #4)
This topic is about The Highlander's Forbidden Bride
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical Romance in Scotland(?). Heroine's father is an evil warlord who captures a group of prisoners led by the hero. Hero is injured and cared for by a "maid" who is the warlord's daughter. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Riniya | 21 comments Hello Everyone,

I have limited details so bare with me. I read this book around... 6+ Years ago.

I remember bits and pieces...

Basically there is a woman who is the daughter of an evil warlord and they capture a group of prisoners. In the prisoners that they capture is the lead man. He is very injured and is being treated by a "maid" She sings to him talks to him loves and cares for him..

The woman who is the daughter is actually the maid but she gives the man a different name because she knows he hates HER.

Eventually the man escapes somehow and captures the Dictators Daughter (who was caring for him the entire time) He thinks that she killed the maid who was caring for him.

He finds out that it was her and marries her but not out of love more out of spite. Eventually they grow to love each other.

and i do remember a story where someone is talking to the lead man about her childhood and how the woman found a puppy and fell in love with it only for her father to kill it. So she started hiding her emotions away.

Sorry its not too detailed. I hope someone can help me.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 37494 comments Mod
Marki, no worries about providing lots of details. You never know which keyword will help someone recognize or track down your book.

Please note you can bump your thread (post a comment) every 30+ days - or sooner if you remember more information. This is a very large group.

Tips for posting a book request: https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 3: by Kris (new)

Kris | 37494 comments Mod
Are the prisoners and the warlord from the same country (possibly Scotland)?

Do you learn the daughter is the "maid" early in the story or is it a spoiler?

I added plot details to the topic header. Feel free to update it using the small "edit" link on the desktop website (not the mobile app).

Riniya | 21 comments There is one scene in which they are in a cabin and it is snowing outside so she heats up a pan and puts it under the bed covers to warm the bed... the guy goes outside for some reason and gets injured.. so she goes after him and started to take care of him again and he thought the maid had come back to him.. when he woke up he got mad at her because he realized that the maid is her.

message 5: by crazy1bad (last edited Jul 04, 2018 04:52PM) (new) - added it

crazy1bad | 188 comments I remember a book where the heroine had to pretend cruel and then pretended a maid to secretly help the hero. Later he escaped an vowed to revenge. it's The Highlander's Forbidden Bride

Riniya | 21 comments Yes that's it thank you!