The Next Best Book Club discussion

Summer Reading Challenge (2018) > Carrie B's Summer Reading Challenge - DROPPED OUT

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Mama X (last edited May 30, 2018 07:00AM) (new)

Mama X (mamax)

SUMMER READING CHALLENGE
Beginner Level

Summer Related Tasks:
Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus by Dusti Bowling Into the Great Wide Open – Read a book that takes place out in the great wide open
The Pioneer Woman Cooks Recipes from an Accidental Country Girl by Ree Drummond Get your Grill On – Read a book that features summer recipes or outdoor summer activities
Keeper by Kim Chance The Colors of Summer – Read a book that features a yellow, green, or sandy cover
Wonder by R.J. Palacio Beach Bum – Read a book that could be considered a “beach read”

____ Sand Between My Toes – Read a book that takes place in or around a beach/ocean

____ Ocean Blue – Read a book that takes place out on the water

____ Hook ‘Em – Read a book that features fishing or fishermen

____ Sports-a-holic – Read a book that features a popular sport

____ Campfire Story – Read a book that scares the bejesus out of you
James and the Giant Peach by Roald Dahl One and Done – Read a book that you can finish in one day

Stretch Your Comfort Zone Tasks:
Made You Up by Francesca Zappia Let’s Get It On – read a book that features falling in or out of love
Leah on the Offbeat (Creekwood, #2) by Becky Albertalli Take Pride – Read a book written by an LGBTQIA author or that features an LGBTQIA character
The Lady's Guide to Petticoats and Piracy (The Montague Siblings, #2) by Mackenzi Lee Read the World – Read a book that takes place in a country, or focuses on a culture, other than your own
Children of Blood and Bone (Legacy of Orïsha, #1) by Tomi Adeyemi Diversify Yourself – Read a book by an author of color
Sapphire Blue (Precious Stone Trilogy, #2) by Kerstin Gier You Have a Funny Accent – Read a book that was translated from another language

____ Won’t Be Long – Read a collection of short stories or essays

____ Poet at Heart – Read a book of poetry
Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4) by Marissa Meyer My What Big Teeth You Have – Read a book that puts a spin on a well-known fairy tale

____ High Noon – Read a classic or contemporary Western
Strange the Dreamer (Strange the Dreamer, #1) by Laini Taylor TBRing It – Read a book from the bottom of your TBR pile
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan Unshelve it – Read a book that’s been sitting on your Goodreads Shelves for a while

____ Childhood Reboot – Read a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure novel
Emerald Green (Precious Stone Trilogy, #3) by Kerstin Gier Listen to Me – Listen to an Audiobook

message 2: by Mama X (new)

Mama X (mamax) Yeah... I'm still not sure if I'm going to go through with this challenge. My biggest goal is to get through my TBR that I already have. Not add more books. And it looks like it's going to be hard to find some books to fit a LOT of these and make them work...

message 3: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10141 comments Mod
Hey! You should give it a shot either way : )

message 4: by Mama X (new)

Mama X (mamax) I am in a lot of challenges, and this one seemed like it would work for me at first. But it looks like I'll have to add quite a few books to my TBR. I'd rather try to stick to my original TBR, which is already more than I can handle with a new baby coming any day. :) This challenge just doesn't fit me right now. I'll still stay in the group (just joined) and check out the other challenges when I feel like I need a new one. Thanks anyway!