Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Shadow of the Scorpion (Polity Universe #2)
This topic is about Shadow of the Scorpion
Archive [Retired Buddy Reads] > Shadow of the Scorpion [June 1, 2018]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jenna, I'd be free if not for Temper & Edgewalker (new)

Jenna Kathleen (jennakathleen) | 4603 comments Mod
June 1st.

message 2: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

Timelord Iain | 17932 comments Mod
In

message 3: by Choko (new) - added it

Choko (chokog) | 7698 comments Me too...

message 4: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

I started this at work last night... around 66%... this isn't too long, like I mentioned when I requested the thread...

I'm liking this one more than Prador Moon, since we're grounded in a main character that we're going to be following awhile...

My biggest problem with these books, I think, is the unsubtle storytelling... the MC/narrator overexplains details... and I think knows too much technical information, too, unless there's a convenient third party to explain it to him/us...

33%: (view spoiler)

50-66%: (view spoiler).

message 5: by Timelord Iain, Tech Support (new) - rated it 4 stars

75%: (view spoiler)

These books seem to have a lot to say about the inability of humanity to take care of itself...

I liked this one a lot more than Prador Moon... 3.5-4 stars from me...

95%: (view spoiler)

Terry | 270 comments Looks like I'm about a month behind, but I've just started on this one. I read the first book last October, and I liked it. I'm excited to read some more of this series.

message 7: by Terry (last edited Jul 08, 2018 07:35PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Terry | 270 comments I'm up to 50% now.

Iain wrote: "My biggest problem with these books, I think, is the unsubtle storytelling... the MC/narrator overexplains details... and I think knows too much technical information, too, unless there's a convenient third party to explain it to him/us..."

I hadn't really noticed that. I've enjoyed the author's writing style so far and that hasn't bothered me. I'll be paying attention now, though, lol.

On your 33% spoiler, I agree (view spoiler)

On the 50% spoiler, good question! (view spoiler)

I'm enjoying this book so far!

Terry | 270 comments Iain wrote: "75%: [spoilers removed]

These books seem to have a lot to say about the inability of humanity to take care of itself...

I liked this one a lot more than Prador Moon... 3.5-4 stars from me...

95%..."

I agree with your 95% comment also. My only guess is that the book was more about (view spoiler)

I did like this book better than the first, and went with 4 stars. I’ll be reading the next one in the series too and look forward to getting to the main part of the series. Actually, the references in this book to Spatterjay have me very interested in getting to those books as well.