Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Splitting non-primary works out of series?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 595 comments I was wondering if there was any precedent for splitting the non-primary works out of a series. The series in question - J.D. Robb's In Death series - has 48 primary works, 118 total. This seems unwieldy, especially when you consider the list has been broken up into 8 pages.

https://www.goodreads.com/series/4102...

I was attempting to find the latest published - or soon to be published - novel in the series and it required paging around quite a bit. If only primary works were included, a quick jump to the final page would have sufficed.

Thoughts?

message 2: by Sandra (new)

Sandra | 26906 comments No, there is no precedent. Most people, me included want to know all the novellas in this series.

I won't use the series page as it is at the moment, but if you can jump to the final page that would apply whether the novellas were included or not.

message 3: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 595 comments The novellas weren't what I was considering excessive. It was the three pages of various omnibus editions, all of which are listed after the primary works. That leaves the newest novel on page 5 of 8.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45482 comments Mod
Non-primary works, such as omnibus editions, should not be removed from series pages.

message 5: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 595 comments Thank you for a definitive answer.