Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Serieses! > Want books organized in series

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Brewer (rhondabrewerauthor) | 10 comments I have seven books that are showing on my dashboard and another that says O'Connor Brother Series. What I want someone to do is put the books in groups for each series.
These 6 belong to a series called 'The O'Connor Brothers" There will also be another book going into this series at a future date
Dangerous Therapy
Dangerous Abduction
Dangerous Secrets
Dangerous Beauty
Dangerous Silence
Dangerous Delusion
The other series is 'The O'Connor Girls' and only contains one book so far. There will be 3 others in this series in the future.
Hidden Betrayal

I'd appreciate if someone could fix this for me and let me know if I can make sure to keep them in this order in the future. Thanks for your help

Rhonda Brewer

message 2: by ☕ Lachgas ♿ (last edited May 28, 2018 03:08AM) (new)

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 7260 comments The "series" entry wa made by yourself by violation GR rules and removing ISBN and a valid title from that entry.
I reverted the title removal and merged them.
(as PB needs to be merged into PB I had to separate the PB from the kindle - it will get recombined when the merge is done but your ratings may be a bit confused for the next 1-2 days due to cacheing)

Creating the series now...
brothers https://www.goodreads.com/series/234073
girls https://www.goodreads.com/series/2340...

message 3: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Brewer (rhondabrewerauthor) | 10 comments ☕ Lachgas ♿ wrote: "The "series" entry wa made by yourself by violation GR rules and removing ISBN and a valid title from that entry.
I reverted the title removal and merged them.
(as PB needs to be merged into PB I h..."

I'm not sure what all that means but I'm thinking you fixed my issue? If that is the case then thanks very much!! I am not sure what you mean by removing ISBN because I never removed anything. I wasn't able to remove anything which is why I was looking for a Librarian. I don't know what PB means but thanks again for your help.

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 7260 comments PB means Paperback
And yes, you did remove the isbn and changed the title according to the log (which is why it got reimported by bots) but that was already quite some time ago so you might just not know it anymore (the log does ;) )
As GR author you can't set up series (or add something to them) that's correct, but you actually can edit your book's records which you did in december 2016)

But the merge (deleting a duplicate edition into the other so that possible shelvings/ratings are kept) wasn't a big deal and it was meant more to prevent you being irritated by some out of order ratings. (but that is normal in case of a separation and combining and sorts out again)
Didn't want to confuse you.

message 5: by Rhonda (new)

Rhonda Brewer (rhondabrewerauthor) | 10 comments No problem!!! I’m just happy it’s fixed!!