YA Book Addicts discussion

Book Talk (Series) > Vampire Academy

Comments Showing 1-17 of 17 (17 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) Has anyone read this series? Thoughts? Do NOT judge it based on the title xD

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I know my mom judged it by that and wouldn't let me read it.... I had previously read it though

message 3: by Rachel (new)

Rachel  (APCB Reviews) (gr8rach) It's so good though!!

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Ikr?! It's like me third favorite series behind harry potter and THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS

message 5: by Kynkynsmc (new)

Kynkynsmc (little infinities) | 152 comments Is it really good. I've so many good things about it.

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

Yes it's great I love adrian

message 7: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments I love Vampire Academy! One of my very favorites! I was actually going to start a thread for this in honor of the newest Bloodlines book, Silver Shadows, coming out yesterday (or was it the day before?), but luckily there already is one! I <3 Dimitri.

message 8: by Connie (new)

Connie (faeriewings) | 86 comments I know this shouldn't matter to me, BUT THE COVERS. The original ones are very romance novel-y, and the new ones are even worse, with just a gigantic VA and a weird faded face on a colored background.
It sucks because the series is very interesting! I'm on the fourth book right now, and Rose is such an awesome heroine. Mead gets a little repetitive with the worldbuilding info, but other than that I don't have very many complaints. The characters and plot are always lovely.

message 9: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments I know, I don't like the covers either. You can barely tell who's who, and they make no sense. I really liked the movie cover of VA though, and that's the one I bought.

message 10: by Sabreen (new)

Sabreen | 6 comments It's pretty good. I do think the books get a little repetitive as the series progresses (I've read three of them) but the plot is always entertaining, and Rose is an awesome character. I mean, I wouldn't want to meet her, but she's snarky and fun to read about.

message 11: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments Rose is like the opposite of my personality but I want to be like her...she's hilarious! :)

message 12: by Amy (new)

Amy Louise (amylouisee13) | 13 comments I picked this up a few years ago and constantly put it off because cover and title and cliché but I'm glad I eventually read it because it's a really good book, though I'm not sure whether to read the rest of the series (especially after the cover change it's rare to find them in my cover)

message 13: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments It is worth it to read the rest of the series, at least it was for me! The books are really entertaining and fun reads, and you get pretty invested! :)

message 14: by Amy (new)

Amy Louise (amylouisee13) | 13 comments It's just I already have a massive list of books to buy and there's quite a few in the VA series...

message 15: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments You could get them from the library! That's what I mostly do.

message 16: by Ella Rose (new)

Ella Rose Brunton (ressax) | 18 comments I read the entire vampire academy series a couple of years ago. It's definitely one of my favourites. I don't mind the new covers much, because I already know what's inside. The old covers never quite seemed to fit the story for me. What I don't like is the trailer for the movie. It looks like they're going to ruin the series and make it too cliche.

message 17: by Maya (new)

Maya (ladycarstairs31) | 504 comments i loved the movie! they didn't change too much, and it was so funny