What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Nineveh's Child
This topic is about Nineveh's Child
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Post-Apocalyptic (?) Description reads 'they told me nothing survived in the world above...they lied.' [s]

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Brittany (new) - added it

Brittany | 323 comments I have not read this book yet. I downloaded it a few months ago and it has disappeared. I've checked my history on iBooks and Amazon to no avail. I think it is a fairly new book...written within the last few years.
What I remember:
Book blurb was written in first person narrative of a young woman, possibly a teenager and the first sentence was the quote 'they told me nothing survived in the world above...they lied' (that's not word for word, but what I remember.)
I believe the book is a post apocalyptic novel about a young woman that has lived most or all of her life underground and has been told all her life that nothing exists above ground anymore. By either necessity or curiosity she ventures above ground and discovers it's all been a lie...but what exactly she discovers isn't alluded to. Could be mutants, zombies, etc. I have no clue.
The cover shows the silhouette of the main character with a blurry background of 'the above world' or whatever.
It is not Apocalypse by Kyle West.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

message 2: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (govmarley) | 2 comments The cover is wrong, but it sounds similar to Enclave. I’ll go look at the book to check the first lines.

message 3: by Brittany (new) - added it

Brittany | 323 comments Michelle wrote: "The cover is wrong, but it sounds similar to Enclave. I’ll go look at the book to check the first lines."

Thank you, Michelle, but this isn't it. Sounds like a good book, though

message 4: by Natasha (new)

Natasha | 3 comments Not the City of Ember - Jeanne DuPrau? I dont know the book but I've watched the movie and its sort of similar with the underground theme.

message 5: by Kris (new)

Kris | 36583 comments Mod
The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau - Natasha's suggestion

message 6: by Brittany (new) - added it

Brittany | 323 comments Natasha wrote: "Not the City of Ember - Jeanne DuPrau? I dont know the book but I've watched the movie and its sort of similar with the underground theme."

Not it, but thank you! It's going on my TBR list.

message 7: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 283 comments I googled a bit and found Nineveh's Child by Gerhard Gehrke. Its description begins "They told me the world above was dead. They lied. It was their world that was dying." Could it be your book?

Nineveh's Child by Gerhard Gehrke

message 8: by Jo (last edited May 28, 2018 12:08PM) (new)

Jo | 160 comments I was wondering whether it was Wool, Brittany

message 9: by Tadgh (new)

Tadgh | 28 comments If it's not City of Ember, it might still be The People of Sparks...I think it focuses more on their leaving Ember and more on how they were lied to and building on the end of the first book. (The first book is more about life [underground] and how long it's been and this is just the world. The ending/next book is more finding that the world is bigger than underground, they grew up lied to underground, and there could be more above it.) Then again, it might not be it, because what's above isn't "bad."

message 10: by Rainbowheart (new)

Rainbowheart | 21140 comments Might also check the Underground Cities list.

message 11: by Brittany (new) - added it

Brittany | 323 comments Annamariah wrote: "I googled a bit and found Nineveh's Child by Gerhard Gehrke. Its description begins "They told me the world above was dead. They lied. It was their world that was dying." Could it b..."

Yes!!! It's Ninevah's Child! Thank you so much!

message 12: by Annamariah (new)

Annamariah | 283 comments Great! You're welcome :)