Entrepreneur Book Club discussion

Zero to One: Notes on Startups, or How to Build the Future
This topic is about Zero to One
Past Books Discussion > June 2018 Group Read Discussion: Zero to One

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Peter (on semi hiatus and trying to catch up) (peterdonnelly) The 2 major approaches to startups, particularly following the dot-com bust in 2000 is the lean agile startup proffered by Eric Ries and the other zero to one by Peter Thiel.

Does anyone have any positive and/or negative experiences with either approach? Is this an industry-specific impact?

Gerben | 11 comments The book had a lot of new insights (for me). I did miss sources from where he got the information, was is experience, research or models? I feel the book only skimmed the surface of really interesting idea's and models, I wouldn't mind if the book was 3 times as long and explained it all a bit more into detail. It was a pleasant read with familiar companies as examples. I would rate is 3,5/5.

Peter (on semi hiatus and trying to catch up) (peterdonnelly) I felt it a little disjointed and it didn't surprise me to find that the book is essentially an accumulation of a series of lectures. Yes, some topics could have been explored further and some may not have needed to be there at all.