2022 & 2023 Reading Challenge discussion

ARCHIVE 2018 > Jordan’s Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Leverenz | 45 comments My goal this year is to read at least 30 books. I will try to keep this as updated as possible!

message 2: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Leverenz | 45 comments The books I have read so far this year:
1. Let it snow by John green, Start: dec 20,2017 End: Jan 7,2018, 3 stars
2. Everyone’s an aliebn when you’re an aliebn too by jomny sun, start: Jan 7 end: February 3, 4 stars
3. Fangirl by rainbow Rowell, start: nov 13 end: feb 9, 5 stars
4. Simon vs homo sapiens agenda by Becky Albertelli, start: feb 16 end: feb 20, 5 stars
5. He’s a stud, she’s a slut, and 49 other double standards by Jessica valenti, start: October 26 end: April 25, 4 stars
6. Queer America by Vicki l eaklor, start: Jan 16 end: may 11, didn’t rate this one since I had to read it for a class

I’m currently reading Meg by Steve Alten since the movie comes out in August!

message 3: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Jordan wrote: "My goal this year is to read at least 30 books. I will try to keep this as updated as possible!"

Wishing you the best of luck with your goal Jordan & happy reading!

message 4: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Leverenz | 45 comments My 7th book has been read and it was Meg by Steve Alten. I gave it 5 stars! It left off on a cliffhanger so now I need to go out and get the 2nd book.

Any suggestions on what to read next?

message 5: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Jordan wrote: "My 7th book has been read and it was Meg by Steve Alten. I gave it 5 stars! It left off on a cliffhanger so now I need to go out and get the 2nd book.

Any suggestions on what to read next?"

I loved Ready Player One and Cinder/The Lunar Chronicles, so I can definitely recommend those.

If you're up for a buddy read, then The Book Thief is an option.

message 6: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Leverenz | 45 comments Susy wrote: "Jordan wrote: "My 7th book has been read and it was Meg by Steve Alten. I gave it 5 stars! It left off on a cliffhanger so now I need to go out and get the 2nd book.

Any suggestions on what to re..."

I have Ready Player One and Cinder and I haven't read them yet. I think I will read Cinder since it has been on my TBR for so long.

message 7: by Blagica (new)

Blagica  | 12050 comments “I have always imagined paradise will be a kind of library.” I hope you find a corner in Paradise with some great books!! 7 books is fantastic keep it up.

message 8: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Leverenz | 45 comments 8. Cinder by Marissa Meyer

I gave it 3 stars since it did take me most of the book to actually get into it. I will probably continue reading the series but it will probably be awhile before I do that.

I already have my next book picked out but I have to wait for my book of the month to get here. I’m going to read The Book of Essie.

message 9: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Leverenz | 45 comments 9. The Book of Essie by Meghan Maclean Weir

I gave this book 5 stars. I loved it! The reason I picked this up is because it reminded me of the Duggar family since it is a very Christian family with a reality show. I will say that if you are wanting to read this though there is a trigger warning since it does talk about rape.

message 10: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Leverenz | 45 comments 10. The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli

I gave this book 4.5 out of 5 stars. I wasn’t as invested in it as I was with Simon vs the Homo sapiens agenda but I still loved it.

message 11: by Blagica (new)

Blagica  | 12050 comments First 10 done you are doing great. Hope july is full of page turners.

message 12: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Leverenz | 45 comments 11. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

After a very busy month so far, I have finally finished Gone Girl. I had to watch the movie last year for one of my college classes and I didn’t really like because I’m not a fan of Ben Affleck. I enjoyed the book way more! I gave it 4/5 stars.

message 13: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Leverenz | 45 comments 12. Misery by Stephen King

This was my very first Stephen King book that I have read all the way through. It did take me over a month to read only because I did get into a reading slump and just this last week I moved into my dorm and started my sophomore year of college. I gave Misery 5/5 stars.

message 14: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) I loved Misery! Are you planning on reading any other of King’s books?

message 15: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Leverenz | 45 comments Susy wrote: "I loved Misery! Are you planning on reading any other of King’s books?"
I have It and I really want to read Carrie.

message 16: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) Nice! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on them!

message 17: by Blagica (new)

Blagica  | 12050 comments You are on your way to having a great year in books! Do you have a book you still can't wait to read?

message 18: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Leverenz | 45 comments Just an update. I have been busy with college but I am in the middle of reading several books.

message 19: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Leverenz | 45 comments Decided to lower my reading goal to 20. Reading multiple books now and most of them are for college.

message 20: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Leverenz | 45 comments 13. Halloween by Curtis Richards

I finally finished another book. I'm a big fan of the Halloween franchise and when I saw that there are novelizations about the movies I just had to read them, the only problem is that the first book (the one I read) is out of print. Luckily someone typed it up and put it online so I got to read it. I gave it 5 stars since it was like watching the movie!

message 21: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Leverenz | 45 comments 14. The Odyssey by Homer

This is one of the books I had to read for college. I'm not going to give it a star rating since I was just reading it for school.

message 22: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Leverenz | 45 comments 15. Janson's History of Art

This is again another textbook that I had to read this semester for college and I'm again not going to give it a rating.

message 23: by Jordan (new)

Jordan Leverenz | 45 comments 16.
So 16 is my biology book. I'm adding it in here since we did have to read a majority of it. Since I'm now on Christmas break I will have more time to read.