Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Eye of the Cricket (Lew Griffin, #4)
This topic is about Eye of the Cricket
Page Numbering Requests > Please add page count and update ISBN

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Carol (last edited May 26, 2018 03:17PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Carol (carolfromnc) Please add the page count for this book, ISBN 1-873567377, and fix the ISBN.

This is a limited edition, leather-bound publication of Scorpion Press from 1997. The description pertaining to ISBN 1873567367 (linked below) is right for the ISBN I've set forth above, and there would not be two such limited edition releases from Scorpion Press in the same year; however, the ISBN listed currently for this book is incorrect. I've got the book in my hand, btw.

Eye of the Cricket

It has 190 pages.

Thanks in advance.

Carol (carolfromnc) I'm bumping this request up since there has been no action. Even if you don't fix the ISBN, please add the page count to ISBN 1873567367.

Thanks in advance.

message 3: by Renske (new)

Renske | 11543 comments The problem is your ISBN is most likely not valid. It could be a typing error on the book. When two ISBNs differ only one digit, it is likely one is not valid. The last digit of an ISBN is a check digit calculated form the other digits. When I enter the first 9 digits in the ISBN calculator, the check digit should be 5, while the other ISBN gives 7, so that one is not invalid.

Carol (carolfromnc) Renske, I understand you’re point, but I’m holding the book in my hand and the page numbers remain missing from the file. It seems like a waste of time and effort but I see no choice but to delete this request and submit a request to insert the page count without mentioning the ISBN error, so at least that one improvement gets accomplished.