Read Your Face Off Book Club discussion

First We Were IV > Chapter 32-End

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Riley (new)

Riley (rileyfickett) | 154 comments Mod
This is the discussion thread for chapters 32 - the end of First We Were IV. Please keep discussion to this section of the book. If you have not read this section, beware of spoilers!

message 2: by Riley (new)

Riley (rileyfickett) | 154 comments Mod
Huh. Definitely wouldn’t have guessed Harry being the one to die, and I definitely didn’t see Izzie’s Dad to be involved in the murder of Goldilocks.

I’m still feeling that this end was clunky. I can’t help but feeling like there’s something missing, and I basically felt like that from roughly page 250 on. I’m feeling really unsatisfied with this book, which I’ll talk more about in my final thoughts post after I’ve had some time to gather my thoughts but... I don’t know. The twist was unexpected but not shocking, so I don’t know how to feel haha.

message 3: by Shannon (new)

Shannon (planetshannon) | 28 comments I couldn't believe Harry died! When he asked Izzie not to come, I felt like he found out who did it and was trying to protect her. I really didn't like that in the video diary he said (one reason?) he wanted her to stay home was because Graham wouldn't be able to get Connor off him in time because he'd be holding Izzie back. That actually makes it shift to her potentially feeling like it's her fault.

I didn't expect it to be Izzie's Dad, but I did think it was one of the adults in the community. I do think it wasn't great that he just randomly make it look like some cult-ish group. I also find it hard (or sad) to believe that someone could do that detailed cover up.

I was really disappointed that there was now follow up with Denton, his comments really affected Izzie and than .. just... nothing. No resolve there. I guess it's also true that that can happen. Something can really stick with you that you heard, but the other person wasn't that affected by it. Also had a hard time believing cops/adults (or even curious teens), never added their own surveillence to try and scope out what was going on.

Still processing it overall, but my goodness that was an intense read. I read last 150 pages in one go and was like oh..my.. this is really spinning out of control!!

message 4: by Kira (new)

Kira (shelfloving) | 19 comments I thought is was going to be one of the dads from the original four. A little surprised it was Izzie's though so props for that. Even though who it was surprised me a little it was not overly something unexpected.

I am a little disappointed with this book. The ending was not done very well, or at least to what I wanted/needed from it.