2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Throne of Glass > Question K

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments What do you think of the Wyrdmarks and their connection to Celaena? Is there a force of some sort directing events as Elena seems to suggest?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments I definitely think that the Wyrdmarks and Celaena's past are connected. I need more back story to consider that a force is directing things. Elena showing herself to Celaena is a strong suggestion of something.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Nehemia used those Wyrdmarks as a form of protection for Celaena so there’s definitely some kind of connection. We keep getting bits of information about Celaena’s origins that are really mysterious. I think she may be linked to the faeries or some other similar species. Her weird eye and hair color are just one of the clues.

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments The Wyrdmarks are very interesting and I like the idea that they are morally neutral, i.e., can be used for either good or evil depending on the marks and the user.

I also believe that they are related to the fae and will come into play once the overall story arc is revealed.

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Lauren wrote: "The Wyrdmarks are very interesting and I like the idea that they are morally neutral, i.e., can be used for either good or evil depending on the marks and the user.

I also believe that they are r..."

Great point about their neutrality! I hadn’t thought of them that way, which was one of the reasons I was confused about them.

message 6: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments I think it is connected to her past, that mysterious past of Celaena...
Hopefully we'll learn more about it in the next book.