2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Throne of Glass > Question H

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Celaena has several encounters with Elena, the wife of Adarlan's first king. We learn of a battle with a Dark Lord named Erawan. Did you enjoy these aspects of the story or where they confusing?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments I enjoyed it. It added more mystery to the story and set up another story line. It also gave the reader more insight into what happened in the past. The author seems to continue to set the stage for something big.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
I enjoyed them but am utterly confused. I know her aim is to help Celaena but don’t understand why she couldn’t be more forthcoming. I’d like to know more about her abilities, too. The paranormal element worked here.

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments These elements were very intriguing and I liked the allusions to LOTR and Arthurian legend.

That said, it is all very vague and amorphous right now. Hopefully, it will be outlined in more detail in the next book and that the author doesn't string it out too long.

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

I hope the same, Lauren. It was intriguing and confusing here. For this to work, we’ll need some clarity soon.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments Jonetta wrote: "I hope the same, Lauren. It was intriguing and confusing here. For this to work, we’ll need some clarity soon."

Very soon. If the author continues to add mystery upon mystery, I'm going to get confused.

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

Melissa wrote: "Very soon. If the author continues to add mystery upon mystery, I'm going to get confused...."

Glad I’m not alone!

message 8: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments I enjoyed it and hope we will get more information about the past.