2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Throne of Glass > Question E

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Celaena's relationships with the Crown Prince Dorian Havilliard and the Captain of the Guard, Chaol Westfall, play a significant role. What do you think of how she relates to the two men and the possibility of romantic entanglements?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments I see a definitely love triangle in the future. Celaena obviously has feelings for both of them. I think she relates more with Chaol though. They have more in common and are more on the same level. There are too many obstacles for her and Dorian.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
I despise love triangles and am disappointed to see the story move in this direction. Why is this a staple in so many YA stories?

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I grew out of love triangles very quickly as a a teen and cannot stand them now. It is one of the reasons I tend not to read YA.

In this case, I also think that Chaol is the more suitable match. They have more chemistry with their love/hate banter than Celaena and Dorian.

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

I think Chaol is, too, but this dallying with Dorian is designed to introduce conflict. *yawn*

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments I'm not a fan of love triangles either, but this one could be interesting.

message 7: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments Hello love triangle, I also think Chaol is the better match, although Dorian might be more suited then we think.

message 8: by Jonetta (new)

You might be right about Dorian, Lieke, though I can’t see it yet.

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Lieke wrote: "Hello love triangle, I also think Chaol is the better match, although Dorian might be more suited then we think."

Hmmm.... not saying anything as I've read the next book :)

message 10: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments Lauren wrote: "Lieke wrote: "Hello love triangle, I also think Chaol is the better match, although Dorian might be more suited then we think."

Hmmm.... not saying anything as I've read the next book :)"

I started it this morning :)