2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Throne of Glass > Question C

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Celaena makes friends with Nehemia, the princess from Eyllwe, but comes to suspect that she might be responsible for the monster or may attempt an attack of some sort in Adarlan. Were her suspicions warranted?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments Yes and no. Nehemia was very secretive about some things and when Celaena caught her off guard in the library it increased suspicion. I think Celaena's previous experience with someone she thought was a friend clouded her judgement.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Good point, Melissa. I hadn’t thought about that. It just seemed to be a major leap for her to think Nehemia would be connected in any way with the viciousness of that monster. I have no idea why she never suspected Kaltain before Nehemia. She should have been suspicious about her after learning of her deception but not for that.

message 4: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Melissa wrote: " I think Celaena's previous experience with someone she thought was a friend clouded her judgement. "

I also couldn't help thinking that Ansel's betrayal played into Celaena's suspicions alongside Nehemia's squirrely behavior in the library.

That said, I didn't believe she was the one killing the champions, but I did think she might commit a terrorist style attack due to her hatred of the king.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Jonetta wrote: " I have no idea why she never suspected Kaltain before Nehemia"

That's an interesting point. I think it is because she saw Kaltain as a bit of fluff rather than a threat, which is proven at the end when she just drinks the wine.

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
Lauren wrote: "That said, I didn't believe she was the one killing the champions, but I did think she might commit a terrorist style attack due to her hatred of the king...."

I did, too, especially after the killing of the rebels.

message 7: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments I'm with Lauren. I think Celaena sees Kaltain as harmless and all talk.

message 8: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments I agree, I think her past influenced her suspicion of Nehemia. I didn't think Nehemia was behind the killings but I also expected her to do something due to her hatred of the king.