2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Throne of Glass > Question B

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Some of the participants in the competition are picked off one by one by a vicious monster. Did you make the connection to the strange Wyrdmarks and Cain's increasing strength?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments I had a feeling that the Wyrdmarks where part of it, especially after the appearance of Elena. I didn't really notice the increase in Cain's strength.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
I missed that connection but was certain he was involved. I also thought he was behind the Wyrdmarks.

message 4: by Lauren (last edited May 26, 2018 11:35PM) (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I noticed that he was getting stronger and suspected he had something to do with the deaths of the other champions, but I didn't make the connection that he was feeding of their strength using the Wyrdmarks. This was a very good twist.

I suspected that he was actually turning into the monster rather than just summoning it.

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

That’s what it seemed like at the end. It was often difficult to distinguish between him and the monster near the end.

message 6: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments I also thought that possibly Cain was turning into the monster. I was thinking that Duke Perrington was using the Wyrdmarks to change him.

message 7: by Jonetta (new)

Good catch, Melissa!

message 8: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments I had a feeling it had something to do with Cain's increasing strength, but I wasn't completely sure.