2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Throne of Glass > Question A

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments The plot revolves around Celaena's participation in a gladiator style competition with obstacles to overcome and final combat. What did you think of this aspect of the story?

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (melissasd) | 194 comments I liked that competition aspect. It gave the reader something else to think able besides the deaths and budding romance. I also liked the style of the competition. It fit the story and Celaena's abilities.

message 3: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
The competition was the most thoroughly developed aspect of the story, including the characters. It kept me in the story. The final matches had me riveted.

message 4: by Lauren (last edited May 26, 2018 11:33PM) (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments I agree, Jonetta. I really enjoy quest type plots and this one progressed quite well with the various challenges and Celaena's interactions with the other champions. It kept me turning the pages.

The final combat scenes were gripping.

I must say that I see so many influences here from the first Harry Potter book.

message 5: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7660 comments Mod
That’s the second reference to HP. Is that a good or bad thing?

message 6: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Jonetta wrote: "That’s the second reference to HP. Is that a good or bad thing?"

I'm a fan of HP so for me its a good thing. The allusions are not 100% the same but similar enough to notice.

message 7: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 83 comments I liked it too, although it took me a while to keep al the other competitiors apart.

message 8: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 2239 comments Agreed. I remained focus on the ones that actually had a speaking or active role in the story.