Crazy for Young Adult Books discussion

BUDDY READS: BULLETIN BOARD > Want A Reading Buddy (ARC)?

Comments Showing 1-50 of 127 (127 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3

message 1: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Thanks to Sarah from YA Buddy Readers' Corner for allowing us to use this idea.

This is the same concept of Want A Reading Buddy but this is just for ARCS that you may have. You might need some motivation to get through your pile so you can review them and give feedback. Post some ARCS you may have and see if someone else has them and wants to buddy with you. Then, pick a date and set up a thread.

Setting up thread:

ex: Blood Of My Blood by Barry Lyga (ARC) → Start Date: August 4, 2014

Put it under the BUDDY READS: TO-READ folder.

Happy reading!

message 2: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Does anyone have:

Promposal by Rhonda Helms No Place to Fall by Jaye Robin Brown Top Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz Czukas

message 3: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Jacquelyn wrote: "Does anyone have:

Promposal by Rhonda HelmsNo Place to Fall by Jaye Robin BrownTop Ten Clues You're Clueless by Liz Czukas"

I have requested Promposal by Rhonda Helms when I get an answer, I'll let you know!

message 4: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Awesome. :)

message 5: by Trinity (new)

Trinity Would someone like to buddy read Tear You Apart by Sarah Cross

message 6: by Kate (last edited Aug 06, 2014 03:54PM) (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) I'm choosing from this list of books for the rest of the month. Would anyone like to buddy read one with me? https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

*I have read a few books from the list already and I have buddy reads for Tabula Rasa, Falling into Place, and Salt & Storm planned in another group.

message 7: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Kaitlin wrote: "I'm choosing from this list of books for the rest of the month. Would anyone like to buddy read one with me?"

Which books? :)

message 8: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Whoops. I edited it to include the shelf. :D

message 9: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I would be interested in reading Don't Touch by Rachel M. Wilson

message 10: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) When is a good time for you? Sometime after August 16th is best for me (though I would like to read it at least a week before releases).

message 11: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments How is 8/18?

message 12: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) That works!

message 13: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Do you want me to make a thread for us?

message 14: by Kate (new)

Kate (kaitlins16) Sure.

message 15: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

message 16: by Irene (new)

Irene (raenne) Anyone up for Vision of Shadows (Vision, #1) by Vincent Morrone ? I got it from the author

message 17: by Trisha, lives on coffee (last edited Aug 26, 2014 04:54PM) (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I just received:
Trial by Fire (The Worldwalker Trilogy, #1) by Josephine Angelini H2O by Virginia Bergin Five by Ursula Archer

anyone able/want to buddy read them?

message 18: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments I'd love to read Five, but sadly I don't have it.

message 19: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments Darn! If only I could share :(
But they are paper/hard cover copies...

message 20: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments That's really sweet of you :)

message 21: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Does anyone have Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker

message 22: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

message 23: by ReadWriteLove28 (new)

ReadWriteLove28 | 17 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "Or any of these: https://www.goodreads.com/review/list..."

That's really smart to make an arc to read list!

message 24: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments I got the idea from Gisbelle so it's all her. LOL

message 25: by ReadWriteLove28 (new)

ReadWriteLove28 | 17 comments When I get back on a computer, I'm definitely going to do that.

message 26: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Jacquelyn wrote: "Does anyone have Beware the Wild by Natalie C. Parker"

I'll read this one when I finish Perfect Couple (Superlatives, #2) by Jennifer Echols which I'm right now.

message 27: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments ReadWriteLove28 wrote: "When I get back on a computer, I'm definitely going to do that."

:D

message 28: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Awesome, Gisbelle! :D When do you think you will be done reading it?

message 29: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments By Sunday, I think.

message 30: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Okay. Do you want to start Monday then?

message 31: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Monday is good.

message 32: by Jacquelyn, thebrunettebooknerd (new)

Jacquelyn (jacquelynreads) | 19024 comments Okay, I'll make thread.

message 33: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Awesome!

message 35: by Mirsada (new)

Mirsada (miri22) | 219 comments Anyone want to read Suspicion by Alexandra Monir ?

message 36: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments I have loads of ARCS to get through, I will put a few up and see if anyone else has any. Black Chalk by Christopher J. Yates Dirty Wings (All Our Pretty Songs, #2) by Sarah McCarry The Garden of Darkness by Gillian Murray Kendall Impostor (Variants, #1) by Susanne Winnacker The Witch's Boy by Kelly Barnhill Hook's Revenge (Hook's Revenge, #1) by Heidi Schulz Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick Beneath by Gill Arbuthnott Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis The Savage Kingdom by Simon David Eden The History Keepers Nightship to China (History Keepers 3) by Damian Dibben Witch's Brew (The Spellspinners of Melas County, #1) by Heidi R. Kling

message 37: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments Jacquelyn if you have not read Get Even by the time it's out I will read it with you, it looks really good and am planning to buy it.

message 38: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Emma wrote: "I have loads of ARCS to get through, I will put a few up and see if anyone else has any. Black Chalk by Christopher J. Yates Dirty Wings (All Our Pretty Songs, #2) by Sarah McCarryThe Garden of Darkness by Gillian Murray Kendall..."

I don't have any of them :/ I do want to read Stitching Snow, though :)

message 39: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments I do have more, what ones do you have?

message 40: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments They are all here: http://goo.gl/Ha13ui

message 41: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments I don't have any of them, much more organised than me :)

message 42: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments No problem :) Maybe next time. Thanks. It helps me making sure I finish the books before the release dates :D

message 43: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments Maybe I should try that. I am way behind.

message 44: by Gisbelle (new)

Gisbelle | 27299 comments Best of luck :) I still need to finish the ones that will be out next month.

message 45: by Emma (new)

Emma | 2089 comments I made my list. I have far too many, trying to make a dent in it. https://www.goodreads.com/review/list...

message 47: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I would love to plan Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver
but I'm booked for February
it would have to be march.....

message 48: by Tayla (new)

Tayla Potayta (trobes7x) | 1653 comments Trisha wrote: "I would love to plan Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver
but I'm booked for February
it would have to be march....."

idk how to use edelweiss so idk when its due

message 49: by Katie (last edited Jun 16, 2015 04:40AM) (new)

Katie | 2012 comments Does anyone have an ARC of What We Left Behind by Robin Talley ? If you do and are interested in buddy reading it, let me know.

message 50: by Trisha, lives on coffee (new)

Trisha | 31440 comments I just downloaded Lair of Dreams (The Diviners, #2) by Libba Bray

OMG I'm so excited!! I am willing to push all other books aside to read this one

It's a "Read Now" in Netgalley

anyone anxious waiting this one and want to join me??

« previous 1 3