75 Books...More or Less! discussion

Archive (2018 RYS) > Amy's Read What You Own 2018

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Amy (new)

Amy | 40 comments So far this year I've read 10 books from my own shelves (i.e. purchased before 2018). I'd like to read at least another 14 (two per month)... I'm also trying to buy less (and borrow more) and read what I do buy straight away.

1. The Limehouse Golem by Peter Ackroyd The Limehouse Golem by Peter Ackroyd

2. Stop What You're Doing and Read This! by Carmen Callil Stop What You're Doing and Read This by Various

3. The Good People by Hannah Kent The Good People by Hannah Kent

4. The House on the Strand by Daphne du Maurier The House on the Strand by Daphne du Maurier

5. Oxford in 50 Buildings by Andrew Sargent Oxford in 50 Buildings by Andrew Sargent

6. How To Be a Heroine by Samantha Ellis How to be a Heroine by Samantha Ellis

7. Girt (The Unauthorised History of Australia #1) by David Hunt Girt by David Hunt

8. Shadow and Bone (Grisha Verse, #1) by Leigh Bardugo Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo

9. History of Denmark by Palle Lauring A History of Denmark by Palle Lauring

10. Behind the Scenes at the Museum by Kate Atkinson Behind the Scenes at the Museum by Kate Atkinson

message 2: by Elyse, Moderator (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 8185 comments Mod
You're doing better than me! lol

message 3: by Amy (last edited May 25, 2018 03:19PM) (new)

Amy | 40 comments I started the year with a rule that I had to read 2 of my own books before I was allowed to buy 1... It didn't last long and I haven't made much progress since, lol.

message 4: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Amy wrote: "I started the year with a rule that I had to read 2 of my own books before I was allowed to buy 1... It didn't last long and I haven't made much progress since, lol."

Yes I too have tried to curb my book buying by setting rules. i Am a lot better than I was before. I can easily walk out of a bookshop now not to have purchased anything. 😁😁

message 5: by Elyse, Moderator (last edited May 26, 2018 07:30AM) (new)

Elyse (winesaboutbooks) | 8185 comments Mod
Amy wrote: "I started the year with a rule that I had to read 2 of my own books before I was allowed to buy 1... It didn't last long and I haven't made much progress since, lol."

I started a rule like that buuuut I've been to 3 library book sales this year and did 3 orders at BookOutlet.com and bought a few first day release books in series I love so...that went out the window. lol. But between book sales and Book Outlet, I *am* still saving money. #justified. I just got back from a local library book sale and came home with 50+ books...lol

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy | 40 comments Haha Joanne and Elyse... I guess there are worse addictions to have!

message 7: by Amy (new)

Amy | 40 comments 11. The Improbability of Love by Hannah Mary Rothschild The Improbability of Love by Hannah Rothschild

message 8: by Joanne (new)

Joanne Elyse wrote: "Amy wrote: "I started the year with a rule that I had to read 2 of my own books before I was allowed to buy 1... It didn't last long and I haven't made much progress since, lol."

I started a rule ..."

😂 funny elyse. I actually decided to count my books. I got 241. Yes Amy there are worse addictions. Collecting books not so bad.