Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Sci-Fi Action Novel (not professionally edited yet) for YA Sci-Fi / Action swap

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jordan (new)

Jordan | 5 comments I currently have a sci-fi manuscript that I'm prepping to be sent off for professional editing. However, before I do that, I would love an honest opinion of the book's readability, plot, word structure, and any constructive suggestions you may have. (Honesty is the best policy) In return, I'd like the chances to read through your manuscript as well. And review its contents for you, giving you pointers and feedback from the point of view of the unbiased reader.

Synopsis:

There was everything else, and then there was the Atomaru...

In an alternate 1960, two otherworldly orphans are born to a small city on Pearlcroft Island amidst a massive government upheaval in which every day they struggle to survive in the brutal Dorms. Now in adulthood, the rebel scientist, Dr. Liberty and the overly curious journalist cross paths again. With a team of uncanny allies, they're pushed into a deadly eye-opening adventure across time to bring a stop to an ancient plot. With political agendas, biotech research and billions of lives hanging in the balance, what length's will the team go to protect their future?

I've invested two years in this novel, so don't hesitate to let me know what I've got right and where I need to focus more of my attention on. The book has several characters, but I break up the book into the different point of views of the four most important characters. My goal is to make the transition feel as smooth as possible to avoid blatant head-hopping. However, having an unbiased reader take a gander at the innards of this bustling machine is needed.

For a swap, I'm looking for Sci-Fi or Action novels, YA or Adult (no eroticism please). The novel I'm working on currently deals heavily in time-travel, but I'm open to all themes and plots. Be sure to send me an email if you'd like to swap: jordansen1998@gmail.com

message 2: by Jordan (new)

Jordan | 5 comments Currently closed for swap, many thanks to those who emailed me!