Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Questions > Missing rating

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Nicholson (sarahenicholson) | 12 comments Hi,
I am hoping someone might be able to explain what appears to me to be a ratings anomaly. My book is listed as having 3 ratings but when I click to view only two appear. I can't see the third anywhere. This is bothering me as the two I can see are five stars and the third hidden? missing? rating is dragging my book rating down. Can anyone shed any light on this for me?
Thanks!

message 2: by Sofia (new)

Sofia Lazaridou (sofiagreycullensalvatore) | 32 comments I have no idea why that happened but I refreshed the book ratings and now only 2 are listed.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Nicholson (sarahenicholson) | 12 comments Thank you!

message 4: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 849 comments ratings are cached - so it could be that someone rated and then deleted it and the system hadn't quite gotten caught up yet

message 5: by M.I. (new)

M.I. Kelly | 6 comments Hello,
A month or two ago my book cover was added at the time I had a review which has not appeared on my stats yet. I figured it might have gotten lost. I'm not sure how this works and how the lost ratings can be found. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
M.I. Kelly
"Alessandra and Silverstar in the Guardin's Realm"

message 6: by Z-squared (new)

Z-squared | 8580 comments re 5, i recalculated the book stats. that's about all any librarian can do. i'd suggest contacting support if that doesn't fix the problem for you.

message 7: by M.I. (new)

M.I. Kelly | 6 comments Thank you Z-squared. It certainly fixed the problem. I appreciate your help. You librarians rock!!!

message 8: by Bettina (new)

Bettina Johnson (bettinamj) | 26 comments I have a ratings issue of some sort. I've refreshed my page, sign in and out. Nothing is working. I can SEE my numbers rating but all the orange stars are missing? It's annoying because I use Goodreads to gauge how I'm doing out there in the author world. Please advise?

message 9: by Suzi (new)

Suzi | 8667 comments Bettina wrote: "I have a ratings issue of some sort. I've refreshed my page, sign in and out. Nothing is working. I can SEE my numbers rating but all the orange stars are missing? It's annoying because I use Goodr..."

Librarians cannot help with site functionality. Please contact GR support: Contact Us

message 10: by Scott (new)

Scott | 23997 comments Bettina wrote: "I have a ratings issue of some sort. I've refreshed my page, sign in and out. Nothing is working. I can SEE my numbers rating but all the orange stars are missing? It's annoying because I use Goodreads to gauge how I'm doing out there in the author world. Please advise?"

My advice would be not to worry about it too much.

message 11: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 44985 comments Mod
Goodreads Librarians are not employees of Goodreads, but volunteers. They cannot assist you with issues of site functionality. Please either check out Goodreads Help (with its FAQ), or you may wish to use the Contact Us page.

Also, please do not bump up threads which are several years old.

Closing thread.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.