Play Book Tag discussion

Obsidio (The Illuminae Files, #3)
This topic is about Obsidio
Archive: Other Books > Obsidio - Illuminae Files Book 3 - Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff - 4 stars

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Susie | 4488 comments This final edition to the Illuminae Files was just as good as the previous two. It was a kinda cheesy space opera packed with action and romance. Witty and intelligent, it was a pleasure to read. The format was again fabulous, with video logs, cartoons, chat transcripts, maps etc to keep things interesting and fun. This series has reminded me that YA can be really great, even to this forty year old. If you are thinking of reading the ebook or listening to the audio, I strongly advice you to get the dead tree copy. It would really lose its spark in any other format.

message 2: by KateNZ (new) - added it

KateNZ | 2666 comments I keep meaning to get the second and third books - good to know the standard remains really high! Loved the first one and will definitely have to get all on paper - the ebook was great but some of the detail in the layout was hard to follow.

Susie | 4488 comments Oh Kate, and I keep meaning to send it to you!! I’ll send them both now!

message 4: by KateNZ (new) - added it

KateNZ | 2666 comments Oh, I had forgotten it was these! I haven’t started Chilbury Ladies yet, though, which I promised you! No rush, lovely lady - reading time is harder to find at the moment as Anita has me spending half my life at the gym for this baseball challenge lol!! 😋

Susie | 4488 comments Ha! The influence she has from the other side of the globe!

Tien (tiensblurb) | 730 comments I just finished it a few hours ago, Susie, and woah, those last 150 pages was just smashing! What a ride!

A bit sad it's over... I don't think there'd be another quite like this trilogy. Loved all the characters and I love how everyone seems to be equal (men & women, different faiths, skin colours, etc); it just felt like it's the way it's supposed to be and there was no conflict about any such things. Discriminated against age, of course, lol, but I guess we need some sort of conflict ha ha ha

message 7: by Nicole R (new)

Nicole R (drnicoler) | 7784 comments I am really looking forward to eventually getting to these...one day. And great tip about reading them in DTB form! That may push them a bit down my TBR, but I bet I can work in the first one before the end of the year.