What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

A Woman of Independent Means
This topic is about A Woman of Independent Means
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. A novel told in letters, name of either the actual author or the "author" of the letters was Elizabeth. She was a child in Texas and lost her husband to the 1918 flu pandemic. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Justina (last edited Aug 14, 2009 08:35PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Justina Hayden | 7 comments The novel is told as letters from the "author" to the various people in her life over the years. The book was published somewhere around 1980.

The name of either the actual author or the "author" of the letters was Elizabeth. She was a child in Texas and lost her husband to the 1918 flu pandemic.

The book is warm, well written and often very funny. I've been trying to remember more about it for years. Perhaps this group will ease my unsettled state.

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

This is "A Woman of Independent Means" by Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey. Very, very good book.

Justina Hayden | 7 comments Megan wrote: "This is "A Woman of Independent Means" by Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey. Very, very good book. "

YES! Exactly right. Thanks so much. Now I'll get another copy. That was so fast. I'm very grateful.

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisarosenbergsachs) I hadn't thought about that book in a long time. It was a very well written book.