The Next Best Book Club discussion

Summer Reading Challenge (2018) > Lo's Summer Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lo (last edited Jul 09, 2018 03:44AM) (new)

Lo (lo_oneill) | 5 comments Hi, I am Lo and I joined TNBBC after reading the article on good reads about the summer book challenge. I loved reading as a teenager but lost some of that whilst completing my degrees as I didn't have time to read anything other than books for my study! Now that I have finished my degrees I am rediscovering my love for reading and trying to challenge myself to read as much as possible.

I have created this list so that I can keep track of what parts of the challenge I have completed and am going to add the names of the books that I have started against the challenge. I am going to take the beginners level challenge :)

Summer Related Tasks:

Into the Great Wide Open– Read a book that takes place out in the great wide open

Get your Grill On - Read a book that features summer recipes or outdoor summer activities

The Colors of Summer – Read a book that features a yellow, green, or sandy cover - One Thousand White Women: The Journals of May Dodd (One Thousand White Women #1) by Jim Fergus - (My rating - 1 Star)

Beach Bum - Read a book that could be considered a “beach read”

Sand Between My Toes - Read a book that takes place in or around a beach/ocean - Cruel Summer by Juno Dawson (My rating - 5 Stars)

Ocean Blue – Read a book that takes place out on the water

Hook ‘Em – Read a book that features fishing or fishermen

Sports-a-holic – Read a book that features a popular sport

Campfire Story – Read a book that scares the bejesus out of you - Hollow Pike by Juno Dawson (My rating - 5 stars)

One and Done – Read a book that you can finish in one day - One of Us is Lying by Karen M. McManus (My rating 3 stars)

Stretch Your Comfort Zone Tasks:

Let’s Get It On – read a book that features falling in or out of love - The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Take Pride– Read a book written by an LGBTQIA author or that features an LGBTQIA character - Clean by Juno Dawson (My Rating - 5 massive stars)

Read the World -Read a book that takes place in a country, or focuses on a culture, other than your own - When We Were Orphans by Kazuo Ishiguro

Diversify Yourself – Read a book by an author of color

You Have a Funny Accent – Read a book that was translated from another language

Won’t Be Long– Read a collection of short stories or essays

Poet at Heart – Read a book of poetry - Prelude to Bruise by Saeed Jones (My rating 3 stars)

My What Big Teeth You Have – Read a book that puts a spin on a well-known fairy tale

High Noon – Read a classic or contemporary Western

TBRing It – Read a book from the bottom of your TBR pile - Little Fires Everywhere by Celeste Ng (My rating - 3 stars)

Unshelve it – Read a book that’s been sitting on your Goodreads Shelves for a while

Childhood Reboot – Read a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure novel

Listen to Me – Listen to an Audiobook

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10143 comments Mod
Thanks for joining Lo and good luck with the challenge!

message 3: by Lo (new)

Lo (lo_oneill) | 5 comments Lori wrote: "Thanks for joining Lo and good luck with the challenge!"

Thank you :)