Looking for good books/ Shows/ movies discussion

BOOKS > Do you judge a book by its cover?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by EndlessPages (new)

EndlessPages (liv_readsx) | 266 comments Mod
I'm definitely guilty of this!!

message 2: by Sara (new)

Sara Eames | 14 comments Me 2 - I will often buy a book if the cover is attractive

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) The person who made up the saying 'never judge a book by its cover', really needs to read more, because then they will know when it is important to judge a book by its cover.

message 4: by Jaida Rose (new)

Jaida Rose (bookquaker) | 14 comments Rumell wrote: "The person who made up the saying 'never judge a book by its cover', really needs to read more, because then they will know when it is important to judge a book by its cover."

SAY IT LOUDER FOR THE PEOPLE IN THE BACK!

message 5: by Anna (new)

Anna (bibbidi_bobbidi_books) It tells you so much about a book! How can you possibly ignore it!

message 6: by EndlessPages (new)

EndlessPages (liv_readsx) | 266 comments Mod
Anna wrote: "It tells you so much about a book! How can you possibly ignore it!"

That is very true!

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) Jaida Rose wrote: "Rumell wrote: "The person who made up the saying 'never judge a book by its cover', really needs to read more, because then they will know when it is important to judge a book by its cover."

SAY I..."

OK.

THE PERSON WHO MADE UP THE SAYING @NEVER JUDGE BY ITS COVER@< REALLY NEEDS TO READ MORE< BECAUSE THEN THEY WILL KNOW WHEN IT IS IMPORTANT TO JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER>

Better! ;D

message 8: by Audrey (new)

Audrey (niceyackerman) I really don’t; they kind of all look the same to me. Sometimes one will stand out, but it’s pretty rare. I go straight to the blurb instead of admiring the cover.

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) Sometimes they are not all bad. I always wonder how the cover correlates to the story by chapters. I do see the meaning of it.

message 10: by Susy (new)

Susy (susysstories) | 60 comments Audrey wrote: "I really don’t; they kind of all look the same to me. Sometimes one will stand out, but it’s pretty rare. I go straight to the blurb instead of admiring the cover."

Same here. I sometimes do admire the cover but I’ve read some pretty amazing books which I found to have extremely boring covers...

message 11: by Creative Orange (new)

Creative Orange (Rumell Khan) (rkrespectedmember) I do love the covers and I do love books with uniqueness and quirkiness.

message 12: by Maggie (new)

Maggie Aldrich (maggiealdrich) | 3 comments I'm late to this, but a cover always plays a role in whether or not I read a book. And usually, if I don't like the cover...I end up not liking the book. Trying to think of an instance where this wasn't true...