Leaders' Book Club discussion

Dialogue > Random Chat

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ying Ying (new)

Ying Ying (yingyingshi) | 69 comments Mod
If you feel there is no appropriate thread for the comment you want to make, please use this thread.

message 2: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Palmer | 1 comments Hi everyone, I am looking for suggestions to use with my high school students. I'm looking to encourage students to not just be leaders but good, trusting and empathetic leaders. Do you have suggestions for engaging books for teens?

message 3: by Ying Ying (new)

Hi Melissa, when I was in high school, a teacher recommended me The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: Powerful Lessons in Personal Change and I had highly enjoyed it. The book was even better on my second read and I believe it to be good for students and leaders alike.

message 4: by R (new)

R Nair | 4 comments Melissa wrote: "Hi everyone, I am looking for suggestions to use with my high school students. I'm looking to encourage students to not just be leaders but good, trusting and empathetic leaders. Do you have sugges..."
You might want to look into On Tyranny: Twenty Lessons from the Twentieth Century. It's a short book but makes for powerful reading.

message 5: by Karin (new)

Karin I'm behind on Meditations, but plan to start it this week. I have a few book games and challenges going (I enjoy a few of those), etc and had to finish a few things first.

message 6: by Ying Ying (new)

Karin wrote: "I'm behind on Meditations, but plan to start it this week. I have a few book games and challenges going (I enjoy a few of those), etc and had to finish a few things first."

Sure, Karin! We all try to read at our own schedule and pace. Thanks for letting us know.