YA Addicted Book Club discussion

Buddy/Series Reads > Buddy Reads Requests

Comments Showing 1-50 of 153 (153 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Kayleigh {K-Books} (kayley_12) | 1942 comments Mod
Have a book you want to buddy read with someone?

Suggest books for buddy reads here and see if someone also wants to read it.

In order to keep the group organised please don't just start a thread for your buddy read before you have somoene wanting to read along with you. After a date is set for you guys to start then a thread will be made for you.

message 2: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Christine Control
Anyone want read this with me?

message 3: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

What is Control? Could you tell us a bit more information?

message 4: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Christine Control
When a crash kills their father and leaves them orphaned, Zel knows she needs to protect her sister, Dyl. But before Zel has a plan, Dyl is taken by strangers using bizarre sensory weapons, and Zel finds herself in a safe house for teens who aren’t like any she’s ever seen before—teens who shouldn’t even exist. Using broken-down technology, her new friends’ peculiar gifts, and her own grit, Zel must find a way to get her sister back from the kidnappers who think a powerful secret is encoded in Dyl’s DNA.

Set in 2150—in a world of automatic cars, nightclubs with auditory ecstasy drugs, and guys with four arms—this is about the human genetic “mistakes” that society wants to forget, and the way that outcasts can turn out to be heroes.

message 5: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Christine Does anyone want to read this with me?

message 6: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Sounds really good Zaylaia. I don't have this on my shelf and am trying not to buy too many books.

Give it a few days to see if anyone jumps in. If you're not in a rush to read it I can include it in the next group newsletter.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Zaylaia wrote: "Control
When a crash kills their father and leaves them orphaned, Zel knows she needs to protect her sister, Dyl. But before Zel has a plan, Dyl is taken by strangers using bizarre ..."

I read this series a couple of years ago and it was really good!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Ananya wrote: "I wanna read the Falling Kingdoms series next. Anyone wanna read it with me?"
oooh! I may take you up on that! I read the first couple but do not remember much about them except that i liked them. I will not be ready until November though, when I am finished with the Throne of Glass series. Do not feel obligated to wait for me if anyone else wants to read them prior to that time!

message 9: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

If you’re happy to wait I will join in too. I need to get a few of them though. Only own books 1 and 2.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "If you’re happy to wait I will join in too. I need to get a few of them though. Only own books 1 and 2."

I think that I own the first 3?? Not sure, I will have to check

message 11: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Christine I usually get my books from the library and if they don't have it I'll request it and they will order it next time they do an order.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Ananya wrote: "I have all the books on my kindle. Do you guys always purchase the physical copies?"

Depends on which is cheaper. Sometimes, it's cheaper to buy the paperback than the kindle

message 13: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (last edited Jun 20, 2018 10:36AM) (new)

I’m definitely more of a paperback/hardback reader but I do get some on kindle. I just prefer hard copies. I find myself reading hardcopy books much more than e-books.

But when I said get them, that also means to me download. As I’m still buying the book regardless of if it’s a hardcopy or kindle edition.

message 14: by Chloe (new)

Chloe Christine I have to use the library because I don't make enough to buy books whenever. Also, library cards aren't that hard to obtain.

message 15: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I don’t go to the library. I’m too obsessive over the condition of my books. Couldn’t cope with ones that have been read by others and potentially god forbid dog-eared. *gasp*

The spare room in my house is practically a library. I have tonnes of space for books lol

message 16: by Brittany (new)

Brittany | 4921 comments Mod
Id be interested in the Fallen Kingdom buddy read too so keep me posted on when you plan on starting so I can get the first book!

I am trying to go to the library more so I cut down on how many books I buy but sometimes I just have to own them.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Brittany wrote: "Id be interested in the Fallen Kingdom buddy read too so keep me posted on when you plan on starting so I can get the first book!

I am trying to go to the library more so I cut down on how many b..."

I always forget about the library!!! Even though it is two blocks from my house:)

message 18: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

My local library has like no recent (or decent for that matter) YA books. It's terrible.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "My local library has like no recent (or decent for that matter) YA books. It's terrible."

mine is actually pretty good. I just always forget about them:D

message 20: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 2328 comments Mod
Ananya wrote: "I'm gonna start the Infernal Devices series from 15th of July. Anyone wanna join in with me?"

I totally would have, but I just finished reading that series earlier this year! D: But when/if you start The Mortal Instruments, let me know ;) That series is next on my list, I just haven't gotten around to it yet.

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Ananya wrote: "I'm gonna start the Infernal Devices series from 15th of July. Anyone wanna join in with me?"

Arg, Darn... I have this series to read AND have all the books but I just have too many on my plate right now to add another one. Maybe we will be able to buddy read something else at a future date? I hope you enjoy them and I can't wait to hear your thoughts!

message 22: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Are you reading the full series? I re-read Clockwork Angel not too long ago so will jump in with Clockwork Prince. Depends on the timing though. I have a lot to read at the moment.

message 23: by Liliana, YA Paranormal Lover (new)

Liliana (lililostinabook) | 2328 comments Mod
Ananya wrote: "Yes I'll be reading only the Infernal Devices series now. I've read the first three books of Mortal Instruments, and will read the rest after finishing Infernal Devices."

I might join you in when you start on the 2nd arc of TMI... if I'm all caught up lol

message 24: by Kayla (new)

Kayla (kaylaneson) | 15 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "My local library has like no recent (or decent for that matter) YA books. It's terrible."

Have you talked to them about inter library loans? most can get books in for free or really cheap. They should also have a purchase request form where you can suggest what they should purchase. It might take a little time depending on the library's budget, but if it's a good place, they should be able to accommodate you.

message 25: by Bree (new)

Bree (bookishlybree) | 9 comments Is anyone interested in reading The Book Thief with me??!
I don't feel like reading it alone. I think I'd like to pick it up in a week or so. You can message me if you want to :)
I'malways looking for more bookish friends, lol.
Brianna💜

message 26: by Brittany (new)

I may be interested Bree! I am currently reading a long book and busy unpacking though so I may or may not be able to. Let me know when you start it!

message 27: by Brittany (new)

I'll be reading Sky in the Deep by Adrienne Young sometime this month or next if anyone wanted to join me

Another YA book Ill have in from the library in 6ish weeks is Scarlet (The Lunar Chronicles, #2) by Marissa Meyer if anyone is interested

message 28: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

I loved both those books britt. Hope you find someone to buddy read them and enjoy.

message 29: by Brittany (new)

Thanks Kay! I'm going to read them either way but its always fun to chat about what you're reading :)

message 30: by Sanja (last edited Sep 27, 2019 09:02AM) (new)

Sanja | 29 comments Anyone want to read a new series with me Spin the Dawn ?

message 31: by Brittany (new)

Sanja, sadly the library doesn't have an ebook or audio copy otherwise I would love to. Looks like such a good read.

message 32: by Sneha (new)

Sneha (lovegood19) | 258 comments Brittany, have you read The Book Thief yet?
If not, would you like to Buddy Read it with me?

message 33: by Brittany (new)

I have not read it yet Sneha! When were you thinking?

message 34: by Sneha (new)

Sneha (lovegood19) | 258 comments Soon!!
I have it in my cart and I am going to buy it in the next few day.

message 35: by Sneha (new)

Sneha (lovegood19) | 258 comments Do you have it?

message 36: by Brittany (new)

I do have it. I might be behind on starting it though, currently reading a big historical fiction in hardcopy and going to need a genre switch and something light first.

message 37: by Sneha (new)

Sneha (lovegood19) | 258 comments We can start it whenever you want.
I can wait.

message 38: by Brittany (new)

Okay! I have made a thread for it. I could probably read it mid October? But feel free to start it sooner and I can join in when I'm ready.

message 39: by Sneha (new)

Sneha (lovegood19) | 258 comments Nah!
I'll also start it mid October.
I actually haven't ever Buddy Read a book. My friends here don't read anything in English and I'm new to goodreads.
But I'll invite some of my friends to join our Buddy Read:)

message 40: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Makenzie is looking for people to buddy read Ash Princess. Anyone interested?

message 41: by Renée (new)

Renée (reneetheunissen) | 93 comments I have already read Ash Princess, but I will definitely join to chat about it if a buddy read is set up between more people!

message 42: by Mackenzie :) (new)

Mackenzie :) (book_girl_777) | 193 comments Brittney I would love to buddy read with you. Any time is fine with me. Renèe that would be awesome if you joined us when we finish and talk about the book.

message 43: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Depending on what time you guys stary I may read Ash Princess with you. It's on my TBR, it just depends on whether work is manic at the time :)

message 44: by Brittany (new)

I'm probably out until the new year. Started too many YA fantasy series recently and need to make a dent in them first.

message 45: by Sanja (new)

Sanja | 29 comments I know this is a long shot since majority have already read this book but I am looking for a buddy read for Queen of Nothing by Holly Black. :)

message 46: by Kayleigh {K-Books}, YA Fantasy Fan (new)

Hi Sanja,
This is going to be read in January as part of our group series read so there is already a thread for discussing that series HERE.

Feel free to add your thoughts in there but make sure you use the spoiler tags as not everyone will have read it just yet. We are due to start Queen of Nothing in January.

message 47: by Musabbihah (new)

Musabbihah | 81 comments Hii! Is anyone interested in doing a buddy read for Glow of the Fireflies
:) x

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Sanja wrote: "I know this is a long shot since majority have already read this book but I am looking for a buddy read for Queen of Nothing by Holly Black. :)"

I would be interested in doing this after the new year. I have not read it yet either:) Just let me know!

heather - NightlyReading (heatherhy01) | 1001 comments Kayleigh {K-Books} wrote: "Hi Sanja,
This is going to be read in January as part of our group series read so there is already a thread for discussing that series HERE.

Feel free to add your thoughts in there but make sure ..."

Oops! Just saw this::)

message 50: by Macey (new)

Macey Camp | 125 comments Anybody want to read Throne of Glass with me?

« previous 1 3 4