YA LGBT Books discussion

True Son
This topic is about True Son
Archived Threads > NEW RELEASE GIVEAWAY (Pending moderator review)

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.T. (new) - added it

J.T. Holden | 15 comments Teenagers—especially those coming of voting age in the next few years—this story is for you...

For U.S. President Royal T. Kingley, life at the top of the world isn’t quite what he’d expected. From his surprise electoral college victory and crushing defeat in the national popular vote to his record-low inauguration attendance and abysmal approval ratings, things couldn’t possibly get much worse for the once quasi-respected real estate tycoon-cum-braggadocious TV reality show host. Until now.

Amidst a full-scale investigation into possible collusion between his campaign and a hostile foreign nation, fiery public protests against his flagrant abuse of executive power, the simmering threat of nuclear war, and a seemingly endless string of leaks threatening to sink his administration from within, President Kingley faces his greatest challenge yet when his son-in-law and chief advisor, Jacob Latner, is abducted by a master of enhanced interrogation, known only by the code name “True Son.”

Haunted by the specter of his charismatic predecessor, whose essence lingers in every corner of the White House, and desperate to prove his presidential prowess once and for all, the President accepts True Son's challenge: a "face to face" showdown on live TV that is certain to be a ratings bonanza. But with the clock ticking and the entire world watching, can the man who once railed against the "rigged system" secure his first executive victory in a contest that actually is rigged against him?

While the tension inside and outside of White House mounts, hundreds of kids, from high schoolers all the way down to kindergartners, converge on the nation's Capitol in silent vigil to witness the shocking revelation of True Son.

Enter the giveaway for a chance to win one of 100 copies available.
(Offer runs from 18 May 2018 to 8 June 2018.)

Goodreads Book Giveaway

True Son by J.T. Holden

True Son

by J.T. Holden

Giveaway ends June 08, 2018.

See the giveaway details
at Goodreads.

Enter Giveaway

message 2: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16801 comments I don't see either LGBTQ or Young Adult content in the blurb of this book. We are a specific focus group and stories must have both of the above to be discussed and promoted here.

Please confirm to me that this fits our group guidelines. Otherwise I'm going to remove this topic thread. Thanks for your understanding.

message 3: by J.T. (new) - added it

J.T. Holden | 15 comments Kaje wrote: "I don't see either LGBTQ or Young Adult content in the blurb of this book. We are a specific focus group and stories must have both of the above to be discussed and promoted here.

Please confirm t..."

Direct quote from my post: "While the tension inside and outside of White House mounts, hundreds of kids, from high schoolers all the way down to kindergartners, converge on the nation's Capitol in silent vigil to witness the shocking revelation of True Son."

In addition to that, two of the main characters inside the White House are 15 and 10.

As for any LGBTQ characters, you'll just have to read the book to find out. ;-)

message 4: by Sammy Goode (new)

Sammy Goode | 5380 comments J.T., while I understand your desire to “keep us guessing and pique our interest”, I must also echo Kaje’s concerns. If you don’t want to reveal too much here please fell free to message either Kaje or I with more information. As moderators it’s our responsibility to make sure material is appropriate and LGBT in theme. We are after all a LGBT YA group. Please follow up either here or in pm and tell us a bit more about your novel. Thank you.

message 5: by Kaje (new)

Kaje Harper | 16801 comments What Sammy said. The MCs noted in the blurb are old enough to have an adult child, or be adult and married, and the context suggests adult thriller. Having younger secondary characters doesn't necessarily make it YA. So yes, please do let one of us know how this fits our mandate.

We love unusual books, but we also get spammed often enough to be wary of it.