The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Summer Challenge 2018 > 30.8 - Sandy's Task: June is a Busy Month!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited May 21, 2018 10:55AM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 5366 comments Mod
30.8 - Sandy's Task: June is a Busy Month!
Two of my children and my grandson have June birthdays - and my new granddaughter is expected in June as well! So, I decided to build this task around them.

Read two books, from different options below. No books with the main page genre Children or Kids may be used. Your two books must have a total of at least 600 pages.

A. My oldest daughter will be a first time mother in June. Read a book from one of the following lists: Novels About Motherhood or Most Influential Parenting Books.

Note that many books on the latter list may include Childrens or Kids as a main page genre - if appropriate, you can request an exemption in the Not Really for Kids thread. Before requesting an exemption, be sure to check the googledoc linked in post 1 for books that have already been approved.

REQUIRED: Include in your post the name of the list used and the page on which your book is found.

B. My son's June birthday often falls on Father's Day. Read a book from the following list:
Fantastic Dads and Father Figures. If the inclusion of some of the books on the list appears somewhat ironic, so be it!

REQUIRED: Include in your post the page on which your book is found.

C. My grandson will be 2 in June. Read a book by a male author that has a 2 in the series number - 2, 12, 21, 22, etc. in a series.

D. While we know that the new June baby is a girl, her name is as yet unknown. I've been calling her Whimsical, as a "placeholder." Read a book by a female author whose initials are found in the word WHIMSICAL. All initials count. Letters can be used only as often as they appear in the target word.

message 2: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 16715 comments Mod
Reserved

message 3: by Sandy (new)

Reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

SRC Moderator | 5366 comments Mod
This thread is now open!

message 5: by Ed (last edited May 27, 2018 01:10PM) (new)

Ed Lehman | 717 comments I would like to verify that Alicia Yánez Cossío will work for Option D. Sometimes the middle name is treated as the surname in Latin countries...but I don't think that will matter here, right? oops...after I wrote this, I noticed "ALL" initials count.

message 6: by Sandy (new)

Ed wrote: "I would like to verify that Alicia Yánez Cossío will work for Option D. Sometimes the middle name is treated as the surname in Latin countries...but I don't think that will matter h..."

yes, all initials count, so this won't work. In general, tho, we just go with the placement of names as they appear on GR - for some names, of course, the proper placement is different, but this is more research than we (or you) need to do for this.