Pop Chart Lab - 100 Essential Novels discussion

Progress report!

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Dan (new)

Dan | 2 comments Mod
15 down!

message 2: by Allison (new)

Allison Margerison | 3 comments 1st one down for me! I just finished Fahrenheit 451. I absolutely loved it. Bradbury was way ahead of his time in realizing how mass media (and now social media) are used to control people. I'm moving on to The Handmaid's Tale as my next pick.

message 3: by Dan (new)

Dan | 2 comments Mod
Nice! I'm at 18 now, which I suppose is not that impressive seeing as my "15 down!" post was over seven months ago. Haven't jumped into 451 yet, but I'm looking forward to it. I really enjoyed The Handmaid's Tale - I was able to read it before watching the show, which was a win.

message 4: by Allison (new)

Allison Margerison | 3 comments My goal for the year was to read 10 from the list and I did it! This year I read Fahrenheit 451, Handmaid's Tale, Their Eyes Were Watching God, The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao, Jane Eyre, Wide Sargasso Sea, Things Fall Apart, Middlemarch, Appointment in Samarra, and Animal Farm.

Middlemarch nearly killed me and took me for-ev-er to read, but in the end I liked it! It just takes 500 pages to get into it. Ha!

My favorite of the year was probably Fahrenheit 451, but I also loved Handmaid's Tale and Jane Eyre.

I'm hoping to read 10 more in 2020!

message 5: by Kat (new)

Kat | 1 comments I received the poster as a gift in 2019. I just started working my way through... I plan to go in order, so Don Quixote is up first. This is my first time reading it, and I’m enjoying it so far.

message 6: by Allison (new)

Allison Margerison | 3 comments Hi Kat ! I’m still slogging away at it. I finished Red Badge of Courage today and I’m starting Wuthering Heights.