The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

TASK HELP: Summer Challenge 2018 > 15.1 - Which Did You Like Better?

Comments Showing 1-14 of 14 (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by SRC Moderator (last edited May 19, 2018 02:28AM) (new)

SRC Moderator | 5332 comments Mod
15.1 - Which Did You Like Better?
Book 1 – read a book from the list The Book Was Better Than the Movie
AND
Book 2 – read a book from the list The Movie was Better Than the Book

REQUIRED: In your post, specify the page on the lists on which your books are found.

message 2: by SRC Moderator (new)

Reserved

message 3: by SRC Moderator (new)

Reserved

message 4: by SRC Moderator (new)

This thread is now open!

message 5: by Sandy (new)

Sandy | 16703 comments Mod
Wayne wrote: "I have noticed that some books are on both lists. For example Pride and Prejudice and Atonement are on page 1 of both lists. Does that mean that if I read either of those bo..."

no. See the Rules of the Challenge:
"7. Each book must be read completely and can be counted only once per challenge. "

message 6: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (bookwrm526) | 1510 comments I wanted to read Brokeback Mountain by Annie Proulx for my book from the list The Movie Was Better Than the Book, but it is not long enough to meet the rules by itself. It does, however, appear in the collection Close Range, so could I read that collection for this task?

Thanks!

message 7: by Sandy (new)

Jessica wrote: "I wanted to read Brokeback Mountain by Annie Proulx for my book from the list The Movie Was Better Than the Book, but it is not long enough to meet the rules by itself...."

Sorry, no - see the FAQs:
"If a short story appears on the list, you may not substitute a collection that includes the story.."

message 8: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (bookwrm526) | 1510 comments Sandy wrote: "Jessica wrote: "I wanted to read Brokeback Mountain by Annie Proulx for my book from the list The Movie Was Better Than the Book, but it is not long enough to meet the ..."

Whoops, ok, thank you :)

message 9: by Emtecia (new)

Emtecia (em82) | 102 comments is this a two book task

message 10: by Sandy (new)

Emtecia wrote: "is this a two book task"

yes, the task states book 1 and book 2.

message 11: by Emtecia (new)

Emtecia (em82) | 102 comments Emtecia wrote: "is this a two book task"

OK, thank you. Most task start with this is a two book tasks, then your options

message 12: by Sandy (new)

Emtecia wrote: "Emtecia wrote: "is this a two book task"

OK, thank you. Most task start with this is a two book tasks, then your options"

See the FAQs for the general rule on how many books are normally required for a task in the various point ranges.

message 13: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 655 comments I saw the comment about the a collection not being substituted for the short story and I'm just wondering if it's the same when the short story in question is the title of the book. I"m assuming it likely is, but I just wanted to be sure. Thanks.
The Curious Case of Benjamin Button and Other Jazz Age Stories

message 14: by Sandy (last edited Aug 16, 2018 03:44AM) (new)

Shanna_redwind wrote: "I saw the comment about the a collection not being substituted for the short story and I'm just wondering if it's the same when the short story in question is the title of the book. I"m assuming it..."

yes, the rule applies