YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Queen of All that Dies (The Fallen World, #1)
This topic is about The Queen of All that Dies
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives > The Fallen World Series, starting with The Queen of All that Dies, by Laura Thalassa - beginning June 9th, 2018

Comments Showing 1-23 of 23 (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jennifer | 3551 comments Book One Description: In the future, the world is at war.

For the last decade, King Lazuli of the Eastern Empire has systematically taken over the world. No one knows much about him other than a series of impossible facts: he cannot die, he has not aged since the conflict began, and he wants to rule the world.

All Serenity Freeman has known is bloodshed. War has taken away her mother, her home, her safety. As the future emissary of the Western United Nations, the last autonomous region of the globe, she is responsible for forging alliances where she can.

Surrender is on the horizon. The king can taste it; Serenity feels it deep within her bones. There is no other option. Now the two must come face to face. For Serenity, that means confronting the man who’s taken everything from her. For the king, it means meeting the one woman he can’t conquer. But when they meet, something happens. Cruelty finds redemption.

Only in war, everything comes with a price. Especially love.

message 2: by Natalie (new) - added it

Natalie | 1026 comments I’m gonna join. :)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments I already read the first but I'll join you guys for the second and third book.

Helen 2.0 (helen2point0) | 698 comments NICOLE <3

If you're in then I'm in!!

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments @Helen OMG HI!!!!! Awesome! I haven’t done a BR with you in so long!!! But yeah I already read the first. I liked it a lot though! Can’t wait to read the second with everyone 😊

Iris (purplexlady) | 703 comments Chapter 4 (view spoiler)

Iris (purplexlady) | 703 comments Chapter 14 (view spoiler)

Iris (purplexlady) | 703 comments Chapter 19 (view spoiler)

Iris (purplexlady) | 703 comments Chapter 24 (view spoiler)

message 10: by Iris (new) - rated it 4 stars

Iris (purplexlady) | 703 comments Chapter 28 (view spoiler)

message 11: by Iris (new) - rated it 4 stars

Iris (purplexlady) | 703 comments Book 2!

Chapter 6 (view spoiler)

message 12: by Iris (new) - rated it 4 stars

Iris (purplexlady) | 703 comments Chapter 11 (view spoiler)

message 13: by Iris (new) - rated it 4 stars

Iris (purplexlady) | 703 comments Chapter 15 (view spoiler)

message 14: by Iris (new) - rated it 4 stars

Iris (purplexlady) | 703 comments Chapter 21 (view spoiler)

message 15: by Iris (new) - rated it 4 stars

Iris (purplexlady) | 703 comments Chapter 29 (view spoiler)

message 16: by Iris (new) - rated it 4 stars

Iris (purplexlady) | 703 comments Epilogue (view spoiler)

Helen 2.0 (helen2point0) | 698 comments Started yesterday, super late as usual.....

Looks like I have the unpopular opinion this time - 70% in and the book is still making me really uncomfortable. (view spoiler)

Helen 2.0 (helen2point0) | 698 comments Iris wrote: "Chapter 14 [spoilers removed]"

Yeah I was thinking that too (view spoiler)

Nicole's Book Diaries (nicolesbookdiaries) | 2308 comments Helen 2.0 wrote: "Started yesterday, super late as usual.....

Looks like I have the unpopular opinion this time - 70% in and the book is still making me really uncomfortable. [spoilers removed]"

Aww I’m sorry! Yeah this book wasn’t perfect but it was a guilty pleasure read for me. I fell for all the cheesy romance haha! So I overlooked a lot of the flaws. But yeah this book had a lot of inconsistencies. Especially with Serenity’s character. I feel like it would have been better if she just picked a side but she didn’t really do that till towards the end of the book.

Helen 2.0 (helen2point0) | 698 comments Okay so I finished and did end on a better note. I’ll draft up some thoughts in the morning, but basically along the way I stopped getting annoyed at Serenity’s inner dialogue and started paying more attention to the story :)

Jennifer | 3551 comments The Queen of All that Dies (The Fallen World, #1) by Laura Thalassa
Ch 5 - (view spoiler)
Ch 8 - (view spoiler)
Ch 16 - (view spoiler)
Ch 22 - (view spoiler)
Finished - (view spoiler)

Alaina (ameserole) Starting book 1 today!

Jennifer | 3551 comments The Queen of Traitors (The Fallen World, #2) by Laura Thalassa

Ch 6 - (view spoiler)
Ch 13 - (view spoiler)
Ch 20 - (view spoiler)
Ch 26 -(view spoiler)
Finished - (view spoiler) Well darn, now I need to read the next one!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.