The Next Best Book Club discussion

Summer Reading Challenge (2018) > Lynsey's Summer Reading Challenge

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lynsey (last edited Aug 20, 2018 04:18AM) (new)

Lynsey | 8 comments Summer Reading Challenge
Beginner Level

Summer Related Tasks:

The Adventures of Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain Into the Great Wide Open– Read a book that takes place out in the great wide open Read 08/13/18
The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore by Kim Fu Get your Grill On - Read a book that features summer recipes or outdoor summer activities Read 06/20/18
Henchgirl by Kristen Gudsnuk The Colors of Summer – Read a book that features a yellow, green, or sandy cover Read 08/10/18
To the Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf Beach Bum - Read a book that could be considered a “beach read” Read 08/04/18
Emmy & Oliver by Robin Benway Sand Between My Toes - Read a book that takes place in or around a beach/ocean Read 06/20/18
Summer Constellations by Alisha Sevigny Ocean Blue – Read a book that takes place out on the water Read 07/03/2018
The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway Hook ‘Em – Read a book that features fishing or fishermen Read 08/15/18
First & Then by Emma Mills Sports-a-holic – Read a book that features a popular sport
Classic Tales of Horror by Edgar Allan Poe Campfire Story – Read a book that scares the bejesus out of you Read 07/17/18
Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote One and Done – Read a book that you can finish in one day

Stretch Your Comfort Zone Tasks:

Autoboyography by Christina Lauren Let’s Get It On – read a book that features falling in or out of love Read 08/01/18
Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (Creekwood, #1) by Becky Albertalli Take Pride– Read a book written by an LGBTQIA author or that features an LGBTQIA character Read - 06/15/18
At the Water's Edge by Sara Gruen Read the World -Read a book that takes place in a country, or focuses on a culture, other than your own - Read 6/06/2018
Tiffany Sly Lives Here Now by Dana L. Davis Diversify Yourself – Read a book by an author of color 07/13/18
Novels, Tales, Journeys by Alexander Pushkin You Have a Funny Accent – Read a book that was translated from another language
Meet Cute Some People Are Destined to Meet by Jennifer L. Armentrout Won’t Be Long – Read a collection of short stories or essays Read - 06/08/2018
Neon Soul A Collection of Poetry and Prose by Alexandra Elle Poet at Heart – Read a book of poetry Read 08/19/18
Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer My What Big Teeth You Have – Read a book that puts a spin on a well-known fairy tale Read 08/15/18
Ride by Roxie Noir High Noon – Read a classic or contemporary Western Read 08/12/18
Autumn Falls (Autumn Falls, #1) by Bella Thorne TBRing It – Read a book from the bottom of your TBR pile Read 08/15/18
Looking for Alaska by John Green Unshelve it – Read a book that’s been sitting on your Goodreads Shelves for a while Read - 06/14/18
Romeo and/or Juliet A Chooseable-Path Adventure by Ryan North Childhood Reboot – Read a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure novel
This Is Me Loving the Person You Are Today by Chrissy Metz Listen to Me – Listen to an Audiobook Read 06/25/2018

message 2: by Lori, Super Mod (new)

Lori (tnbbc) | 10145 comments Mod
oh wow! You've already picked out each book you'll read?????!

message 3: by Lynsey (new)

Lynsey | 8 comments Yep! I don't know of I will end up changing anything. but this is my plan as of right now. ☺

message 4: by Lynsey (new)

Lynsey | 8 comments So, I just finished Summer Constellations. I'm not really sure if it qualities as "out on the water". But I'm going with it anyway. There is a canoe ride. haha... :)