Beta Reader Group discussion

Critique Partners and Swaps > Beta swap/CP for sci-fi short story - 10K words

Comments Showing 1-2 of 2 (2 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kirk (new)

Kirk | 128 comments Hi all,

I'm currently looking for beta readers for my 10K word sci-fi short story, and I thought why not try Goodreads? In return, I'll beta read and critique your story, no matter its length. Here's a (very rough) blurb:

We've all seen movies about brave explorers leaving Earth in search of new homes when the planet becomes uninhabitable. But what those that stay on Earth? What about those that get left behind? My story tackles that question, and follows a father and son as they try to carry on, and as they think about what to do next.

I don't need any critique on the prose, as yet. That includes spelling and grammar issues. Those things can wait until a later draft. I want to get the bones of the story right beforehand. What I need help with now is someone who can pick out any problems with the story's plot, character, and pacing. Ideally, it'd be great to find someone who can provide me feedback with a two week turnaround time, but I realize that may not be possible for everyone.

As for your story, I'll read any genre, excluding romance and erotica, as they're not really my cup of tea.

If this sounds up your alley then send me a private message.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Kirk.

message 2: by Eric (new)

Eric Balson | 36 comments Hello Kirk, I have a short story I'd like to swap. If you're interested, hit me up on ericbalson2015@gmail.com