What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Black Sun Rising (The Coldfire Trilogy, #1)
This topic is about Black Sun Rising
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Fantasy. One MC was a vampire-like being. He lived in a castle in a forest that he controlled and hunted in. Somehow he got roped into some quest with a group, and they have to cross a desert where he nearly dies from sun exposure. Spoiler. [s]

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Gramann (wdmc) | 2 comments I don't remember much. One of the main characters was a vampire-like being. He lived in a castle in a forest that he controlled and hunted in. He loved the fear of his prey. Somehow he got roped into some quest with a group, and they have to cross a desert where he nearly dies from sun exposure.

Spoiler:

By the end of the book, they finished the quest, and the vampire guy gets to return to his castle. He's relieved, but when he goes to hunt again, he finds that he can't enjoy it like he once did.

I read this book probably around 2004-2010. If I had to guess, I'd say it was probably written in the 90s. I believe it was part of a series, but I only read the first book. I've searched for a long time. I've gone to the library and Barnes and Noble and spent hours reading every book cover in the fantasy section. I really hope someone can help me. =)

message 2: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1226 comments This is just a guess, but it could be the Cold Fire series by C. S. Friedman. The first book is Black Sun Rising Note that the "sorcerer" mentioned in the description is actually a version of a vampire. Also, the first book mentions four people on a quest, but the later books focus on two of them, the vampire guy and another man. The description on goodreads for the second book fits better of what I think about when I think of the whole series: When True Night Falls

message 3: by Jonathan (new)

Jonathan Gramann (wdmc) | 2 comments I think this is it! Thank you!

message 4: by Adele (new) - added it

Adele | 1226 comments You're very welcome. :-)