What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Deadly Obsession (Deadly, #3)
This topic is about Deadly Obsession
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Heroine is being stalked and the stalker leaves paintings at her house. [s]

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jen (new)

Jen | 48 comments Hi guys, im stumped on remembering the name of this book.
Looking for a romance novel. Heroine possibly recently moved to new area. She became friendly with others that lived next to her. At one point in the book, she hears knocking at her door really early in the morning (or late at night) and she finds a creepy painting at her door. Her neighbors see that her are lights on and go to check on her.
Thats about all I remember!

message 2: by Kris (new) - added it

Kris | 36637 comments Mod
Ren, around what year did you read this book?

Can you tell us more about the heroine and hero - how they meet, their jobs/skills/interests, love/hate at first site, second chance romance, etc.? Why did she move?

Location - country, region, big city/small town?

message 3: by Jen (new)

Jen | 48 comments Kris, I read it about year and a half ago. I remember that the Heroine was talking to the Hero on the computer when she heard the knock on the door, and he told her not to answer the door because it was so late. He pops up to her house not long after she leaves to answer the door. I think one of her neighbors was a cop.

message 4: by Aerulan (last edited May 19, 2018 04:53PM) (new)

Aerulan | 1247 comments Is there any chance that the stalker at some point left a dead animal/blood/something gory at her door as well?

I have a vague recollection of reading something that feels similar to what you described. I can't bring a title to mind, but I'm pretty sure there was a scene with her finding something upsetting and bloody on the porch/at the front door after several other creepy but less icky things (the painting feels like it maybe fits what I remember for this) had been left.
If it sounds like it could have been the same book I can look through my read list and see if anything jumps out at me.

message 5: by Jen (new)

Jen | 48 comments Aerulan, yes!. You mentioning that gave me a flash of an image. I think it may have been a cat?

message 6: by Aerulan (last edited May 19, 2018 02:35AM) (new)

Aerulan | 1247 comments That sounds right to me.
Ok, later today (it's 2:30 am here and I'm off to bed) I'll take a look through my read books and see if I can find anything but... I have a feeling it might be a Karen Rose book, just in case you want to do some digging yourself before I get back.

message 7: by Aerulan (new)

Aerulan | 1247 comments Well, seems I'm wrong about it maybe being a Karen Rose book, none of the ones I looked at seem close. I'm going through my records by year and I'll keep going 'til I find it, since now it's bugging me. But it might take me a bit to track it down, I've read too many books, which isn't something I thought I'd ever say.

message 8: by Nancy (new) - added it

Nancy | 5 comments It sounds a lot like Deadly obsession by Jaycee Clark.

message 9: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 6965 comments Mod
Deadly Obsession the click for Nancy's suggestion.

message 10: by Jen (new)

Jen | 48 comments Aerulan, yep I looked but as well the covers for some reason made me think it was the author haha, but at least I found some books that interest me from that author! Thanks a bunch for the help, its greatly appreciated. Thanks Nancy and Ann I'm pretty sure that is the book, thanks so much for finding it! :D

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Deadly Obsession (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Karen Rose (other topics)