Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) Mockingjay discussion

Where do you think they'll split the movie?

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Serena i will literally DIE if they split it right when Peeta strangles Katniss, and yet I have a feeling the producers will do it anyway because thats just the kind of thing they like to do

Marisa Ferreira I agree with Rain,I think it should be when they get Peeta back

Reyhaneh I think it would be cool to end it where peeta is strangling katniss. I like the idea of that as a cliffhanger and also everything after that is different than the first half of the book.

notyourfriend I don't think so, I feel like that's too early into the book to split it there.

message 5: by Nikita (last edited Jul 29, 2014 02:09PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Nikita My strongest guess is that it will be when they rescue everyone and after Peeta tries to kill Katniss and when she's recovering Prim or Haymitch will tell her that he's not the same Peeta she knows anymore.

TheBohemianBookworm Caitlyn ~lєt'ร קlคץ ฬเtђ Ŧเгє~ wrote: "I don't think so, I feel like that's too early into the book to split it there."

Waaaaay to early. It needs to be after they get Peeta back. Though honestly I'm not on board with the idea of splitting it at all.

Izzy I think it would have to be earlier than when they get Peeta back. I mean both movies have to be long. About an hour or two each. They must be adding many things onto the movie to make it 2 parts.

Tash Marlee wrote: "i will literally DIE if they split it right when Peeta strangles Katniss, and yet I have a feeling the producers will do it anyway because thats just the kind of thing they like to do"

Its really going to annoy me if they split the movie here. But i think they may do. If people havent read the books it'd be an impressive cliff hanger to end on but i'm going to be spitting chips if they do. like really i'll spit my chips out all over the cinema floor in protest.

message 9: by Liz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Liz I never actually thought about this - but YIKES! If they cut it when Peeta strangles Katniss I TOO WILL DIE!

Charlotte S I think the best place to split it would be just before they go on the journey to the Capitol. That's about half way into the book, and would mean that they could get a couple of hours for each movie. But, I somehow doubt Lionsgate will do this as it's not much of a cliffhanger. As much as it seems likely, I hope they don't split it when Peeta's strangling Katniss. I wouldn't make it out of the cinema! I'm worried now! Argh!

Faith Charlotte wrote: "I think the best place to split it would be just before they go on the journey to the Capitol. That's about half way into the book, and would mean that they could get a couple of hours for each mov..."

Agreed. I think before they go on the journey would be best... then again I'm not a movie producer. Or am I...

Amphitrite When Peeta comes back then he reaches his arm out and strangles her then as she is choking the screen slowly turns darker until she is faints and the last thing we see if Peeta

ᏒIᎪ Peeta will reach out to her and she'll try to hug him but then his hands will reach her throat in slow motion. Haymitch will calm her down and say "He's not the same Peeta"

Then we'll see Snow in the Capitol plotting and the movie will end.

Sarah Yeah, I think the first movie will be mostly about them rescuing Peeta and uniting the districts blah blah blah. Then they'll get Peeta & friends back and n part II they'll go on their adventure to the Capitol.

message 15: by Tara (last edited Aug 02, 2014 10:12PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tara Marlee wrote: "i will literally DIE if they split it right when Peeta strangles Katniss, and yet I have a feeling the producers will do it anyway because thats just the kind of thing they like to do"

I WILL DIE IF THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS!! but...My friend and i think that is what might happen too but i don't want that to happen coz then we have to wait like at least a year to see them really together and Peeta at least a little better.

message 16: by Ella (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ella I too have a feeling they'll split it when Peeta strangles Katniss, that Part 1 will end with his fingers locked around her throat and the screen will black out.

Kaitlyn They are splitting directly after Peeta strangles her most likely.

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

Its official theyvare going tonsplit the movie but smart move on their point cause theyll make tons of more momey but im still sad ill have to wait longer

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

I agree they will probably split ate the part when he strangles katniss which sucks cause my favorite parts are after that scene

message 20: by Amy (new) - rated it 3 stars

Amy Palmer I think they will split it so that the first film id set completely in district 13 and the second one will be them in the capital (after Peeta is back). I think it will be as they are all gearing up to leave to take on the capital. This way will sort out the pacing issues and make the last film very action packed.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

Huh i guess that helps

Uzuri Wilkerson Amy wrote: "I think they will split it so that the first film id set completely in district 13 and the second one will be them in the capital (after Peeta is back). I think it will be as they are all gearing u..."

I think so too. The book felt like two books anyway. I liked some of the stuff in the first half but I was definitely more into the second half, once they entered the Capitol.

Charlotte S Wow! It's amazing how what my Mum might call 'such a silly little thing' can have so much effect on people! It's sure been keeping me up at night, worrying about where it will be split! Even though I still think it should be split just before they journey to the Capitol, I have thought of a couple more theories with quite interesting cliff-hangers...
1. As Katniss is in District 2 in the middle of the book, I think Katniss being shot after they try to blow up The Nut would be a good ending point. I think this could work, as long as it doesn't give people the impression that she's dead! That would just be awful!
2. Although this is quite a bit after the half-way point, I think it would be cool to split it after Boggs dies and there is an announcement from the Capitol saying that Katniss and the rest of the team are dead. But this occurs in the Part III of the book, so it probably wouldn't give them enough of the story for Part II of the movie.
Am I the only one who thinks it would have been so much easier to split it into 3 movies?! The ending wouldn't be so soon that way! *sigh*
Well, only 80 days to go, I guess we'll find out soon enough!

Annie99o99 probably when peeta tries to choke katniss

Emergency8 I think it will be when Peeta tries to choke Katniss. For people who haven't read the book and only relying on the film to tell them the story it is a good place to stop. It will be a nice loud action filled cliff-hanger to leave on and leave the people relying on the film wondering what the hell is happening. Producers will like that and it is one of the most shocking parts of the book.

Georgia Husselbee Personally I think it should be after they get Peeta back and before they go to the capitol because I think that just makes so much more sense!

Alberto They'll split it where they realize they are going to the Capitol, and Katniss says something like "Welcome to the 76th Hunger Games"

Meara Sharisky I think they'll split it in the worst part ever!!!! I just don't wanna see Finnick die yet...

Jason L. Splitting this book in two is a really bad idea. The first part will be so anti-climatic, while the 2nd will be two busy and lacks character development. Unless the writers changed the plot significantly, it would be bad, i mean REAL BAD.

Caleb White Jason wrote: "Splitting this book in two is a really bad idea. The first part will be so anti-climatic, while the 2nd will be two busy and lacks character development. Unless the writers changed the plot signifi..."

I don't like that they're going to split it anyway, it should be all in one, its all in one in the book, it should be that way in the movie.

Casey I think that they'll split it when Peeta's blood splatters on the floor after he warns them about the bombings. That's exactly the type of cruel cliffhanger I expect.

Kelly Brigid ♡ Reyhaneh wrote: "I think it would be cool to end it where peeta is strangling katniss. I like the idea of that as a cliffhanger and also everything after that is different than the first half of the book."

Exactly my thoughts :) Or they could have it right after Katniss gets shot in District 2, but that might be a little too early. lol Just a thought.

Nerd4 I think it will split when Katniss first sees Peeta or when they are going for the war!