Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Apoca[hot]lips
This topic is about Apoca[hot]lips
Book Cover Help > Re new book title

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Paula (new) - added it

Paula Houseman (paulahouseman) | 16 comments Apoca hot lips by Paula Houseman

Hi, I'm changing the title of my book, Apoca[hot]lips, but the content remains the same. However, because it's a new title, I need a new ISBN.

I've written to Createspace as I was concerned I'd lose my reviews on Amazon. They have assured me this won't be a problem as they can link the two titles together for me and the reviews will be shared between the books. This way I won't lose any reviews. They will also retire the old version once the new version is available for sale.

I understand that older versions/covers are not removed from Goodreads, but I'd very much appreciate it if I can keep the reviews, given they're not so easy to come by!

Can they be linked or shared in the same way that Createspace (and KDP) will be doing?

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 45482 comments Mod
Yes, the old edition and new edition can be combined. And once that is done, as the author, you will have the ability to change which edition of the book is the default, which will come up in searches by title and show on your author profile. Here's how: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...

message 3: by Paula (new) - added it

Paula Houseman (paulahouseman) | 16 comments rivka wrote: "Yes, the old edition and new edition can be combined. And once that is done, as the author, you will have the ability to change which edition of the book is the default, which will come up in searc..."

Thanks, Rivka ;-)