Play Book Tag discussion

Telepath (Hive Mind, #1)
This topic is about Telepath
Archive: Other Books > Telepath by Janet Edwards 4.5 stars

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Karin | 7465 comments 4.5 stars rounded up

Amber has just turned 18 and is about to go to Lottery to be tested for her life's career, after which everything she needs to know for her job will be imprinted. Since she has excelled at none of the teen activities she is nervous about what job she'll get and which level she'll live on in the Hive (like a megalithic layered city-state of 100 million people in the far future). What she learns is that she is a rare telepath, cannot tell her parents what her job is, and is now in a Level 1 job trying to help maintain Hive security. However, she finds out she is being hunted.

This might not sound like a 4.5 star read, but I didn't want to put the book down. It is fun, and Amber is likable. Will this series hold up? I don't know. It's not quite the same 5 stars as the poorly titled Earth Girl, which is far too under-read for the winner of the Bookworm Best Award for Best Fiction (2013).

message 2: by Jason (new)

Jason Oliver | 2098 comments Sounds very similar to The Giver.

message 3: by annapi (new)

annapi | 5156 comments Sounds interesting! I'll have to look it up.

Karin | 7465 comments Jason wrote: "Sounds very similar to The Giver."

And yet, VERY different when you read it--I didn't even get the connection until you said it :). I liked this much better than The Giver.

Amy N. | 256 comments I just got lost in reading the preview here on Goodreads, so I think I'll be ordering this from the library. :)