What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Zod Wallop
This topic is about Zod Wallop
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Surrealist Fantasy: an eccentric young man confined to a mental hospital fears that the story he has written has come to life. [s]

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Rylee Strange (ryleestrange) | 3 comments This is an adult fantasy/surrealist fiction book about an estrange son and mother(?). The son is confined to a mental facility, has tried to escape a few times. He has written a seemingly nonsensical kids fantasy story/book while in the mental facility and now the story seems to be coming alive and attacking the heroes (there are others, a writer, a boy and girl?. i honestly don't remember details.

I do remember a setting in an old cabin in the woods by a stagnant pond. A monster that resembled a facehugger from aliens that could glide/fly?

I read the book 2 or 3 years ago, but it was definitely an older book, i'd imagine late 80s/early 90s.

I think it started with a Z or had some really obscure title. But that could be wrong, that' sjust what's sticking in my head. thanks

message 2: by Michele (new) - added it

Michele | 2425 comments Do you recall anything about the cover? Was it a long book, short book? Anything about where the book was set (e.g. 1980s US, 1960s England, near-future Canada)?

Rylee Strange (ryleestrange) | 3 comments hardcover. white with abstract designs/figures if I remember correctly. of average size maybe 9x5 or so. not too thick. only a could hundred pages or so

message 4: by Ayshe (new)

message 5: by Michele (new) - added it

Michele | 2425 comments Here's the cover of one edition that sounds like your description:

Zod Wallop by William Browning Spencer

Rylee Strange (ryleestrange) | 3 comments yes! definitely this! thank you all!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Zod Wallop (other topics)
Zod Wallop (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

William Browning Spencer (other topics)