Realms of Fantasy discussion

Example > Example 1

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Rowen (last edited May 12, 2018 05:40PM) (new)

Rowen Aether (rowenaether) | 32 comments Mod
My setting is an empty white room because this is just an example, characters can use magick, my characters are Lucipher, black and red hair, blue eyes, dressed in a black shirt, and black jeans faded to gray at the knees. Rayorian, brown hair, blue eyes, fallen angel, has on a long white coat. And Dresseme, a drag queen with blonde hair who successfully designs clothing in New York

My friend Elamirdra has a male vampire character that she feels is too flat and she wants him to develop some battle skills, a quirk and be a little bit more edgy. Now we shall design a quest.............

A queen has been kidnapped by a dragon and is held in the highest room in the tallest tower. Now lets see if our characters can rescue her.

Dresseme sits up, glancing around the room. It's old and smells of mildew. There is a large poster bed covered in dust and moth eaten blankets. A few dressers line the walls, crooked with broken legs and splintered drawers.

She climbs to her feet, dusting off her jeans, and wrinkles her nose. "Where in the world am I?" She makes her way across the room to the only available window and peeks out. She looks to be in some kind of tall, stone tower.

Something roars above her and she glances up, seeing a dragon flying overhead. She shrieks. "Oh my God, I was kidnapped by a dragon?! How does this even happen?!"

"Hey Drez!"

She glances down to the ground to see three men standing at the gate to whatever castle she's locked up in.

Lucipher waves, the action energetic. "Don't worry; I got this! I'll rescue you!"

Dresseme groans, "Can somebody else do it please?"

Rayorian shrugs, "I'll give it my best shot."

message 2: by Elamirdra (last edited May 12, 2018 03:30PM) (new)

Elamirdra DragoSefa | 28 comments Mod
Rhett looks up at the dragon and contemplatively squints at it. "I don't know him, though I could try to talk to him."

message 3: by Rowen (last edited May 12, 2018 05:38PM) (new)

Rayorian takes a step back, sweeping out an arm and offering the other man a mock bow. "By all means, let me know how it goes."

"Oh wait!" Lucipher says, pulling out a small pouch from thin air. "Let me get you into character." He takes a handful of something from the pouch and throws it over the man's head, shiny gold glitter particles raining down on him.

message 4: by Elamirdra (new)

Rhett unsheathes one of his side swords, waving his other hand across his face. "What did you just throw on me?"

message 5: by Rowen (new)

Rayorian sighs. " 'Tis glitter. Lucipher is implying you sparkle like the vampires in the book series Twilight."

message 6: by Elamirdra (new)

Rhett returns his sword to its sheathe. "Get focused on the task at hand, damn it," he replies, his tone sharp with authority.

message 7: by Rowen (new)

Dresseme hangs out the window, waving a hand in a downward motion. "You can rescue me, darling. Actually I would prefer it."

message 8: by Elamirdra (last edited May 12, 2018 05:41PM) (new)

Rhett pulls his broadsword from his back, holding it skyward, "Thank you, my lady. I will see you set free!" He turns to the brunette in the white coat, "And for your information; I do not sparkle."

message 9: by Rowen (new)

Rayorian arches an eyebrow, "You do with all that glitter."

message 10: by Elamirdra (new)

Rhett lets out an annoyed sigh, "Just focus."

message 11: by Rowen (new)

"So, what are we doing?" Lucipher inquires, confusion in his tone.

message 12: by Elamirdra (last edited May 12, 2018 05:42PM) (new)

Rhett gives each one of his companions a once over. The brunette wearing the white coat lacks any armor, though Rhett can make out the daggers hanging under his jacket. The one referred to as Lucipher has no armor, no weapons, and absolutely no focus. Neither of them are equipped or prepared for the task at hand. He decides they are not worthy of a response and focuses on communicating with the dragon.

He mentally reaches out to the dragon, giving the majestic beast all of his focus.

message 13: by Rowen (new)

"What are you doing; you look consitpated," Lucipher comments.

"Hush," Rayorian replies, "he's focusing."

"Is that what that look means?"

message 14: by Elamirdra (new)

Rhett brushes his mind against the dragon's in an effort to establish a telepathic link with him. "Why have you trapped this woman?" he questions the beast.

message 15: by Rowen (last edited May 12, 2018 03:12PM) (new)

"Roar, roar; I'm ignoring you," the dragon replies, a teasing lilt to his voice.

message 16: by Elamirdra (new)

Rhett remains quiet, stunned by the response. This is a very unusual dragon; he's never met one like this before. He can't tell if he's toying with them or not.

"Perhaps you could just calm down a little bit, quit roaring and discuss things in an appropriate manner," Rhett tells him.

message 17: by Rowen (last edited May 12, 2018 03:13PM) (new)

The dragon snaps his head in Rhett's direction. He banks hard, slamming into one of the stone towers, latching on with his claws and wrapping his tail around it for support. The next words out of the dragon's mouth are not telepathic, "I know you did not just tell me to calm down."

Rayorian hums in a thoughtful way, "This dragon sounds familiar," he mumbles.

Lucipher shrugs.

Dresseme sighs, "I'm getting bored, guys."

message 18: by Elamirdra (new)

Rhett stares in stunned silence at Dresseme.

message 19: by Rowen (new)

"Oh, now you're ignoring me," the dragon states. He roars, a plume of fire releasing from his mouth. "Ignore that."

message 20: by Elamirdra (new)

Rhett jumps to the side, falling into a roll.

message 21: by Rowen (new)

Rayorian ducks behind Lucipher.

The Archangel huffs, "Okay, I see how it is." He holds up a hand, the flames flowing harmlessly around him.

"Well I'm not fireproof," Rayorian retorts.

message 22: by Elamirdra (new)

Rhett dusts off his clothes before rearranging his weapons from where they got misplaced during his roll. The mischievous one is fireproof; perfect. They can use him as a shield and storm the tower.

message 23: by Rowen (new)

"You know I can fly, right?" Lucipher states. "I can just fly up there and get Dresseme."

"Sure, if you want to go through the dragon," Rayorian replies.

Lucipher groans, dropping his shoulders. "You're right; it can fly too."

message 24: by Elamirdra (new)

Rhett watches the dragon, remaining wary and ignoring his comrades bickering as he devises a way to storm the tower, mentally cataloging a suitable path.

message 25: by Rowen (new)

"You boys better hurry up," the dragon states, "You have three minutes before I eat her."

"Wait, you can't give us a time limit!" Rayorian answers. "That is not how this works!"

The dragon lifts his snout, "I'm a dragon; I make the rules up as I go."

"Great; it's a cheater," Lucipher grumbles.

message 26: by Elamirdra (last edited May 12, 2018 04:37PM) (new)

Rhett steps up behind Lucipher, grabbing him by his upper arms and lifting him off the ground. "Run!" he barks at the brunette, using Lucipher as a shield and races towards the tower.

message 27: by Rowen (new)

"Whoa, hey, hold on!" Lucipher complains, "I don't always roll a natural twenty!"

Rayorian sprints after them, snickering.

The dragon's threat level decreases as he starts laughing, a full bodied cackling, leaving him unable to do anything else.

message 28: by Elamirdra (last edited May 12, 2018 03:47PM) (new)

Rhett tosses Lucipher aside and sprints through the door.

message 29: by Rowen (last edited May 12, 2018 03:48PM) (new)

Lucipher stumbles through the door way, staying on his feet. He straightens his shirt, "Geez, couldn't even set me on my feet?"

Rayorian starts laughing so hard, stumbling through the door and has to lean against a wall.

message 30: by Elamirdra (last edited May 12, 2018 03:48PM) (new)

Rhett races up the stairs to the tower, the brunette one wearing the white coat laughing maniacally in the background. Excellent, he has the battle madness, this can be used to their advantage.

message 31: by Rowen (last edited May 12, 2018 03:52PM) (new)

Rayorian takes a step to follow their Twilight friend, but is interrupted.

The dragon plops its butt right in front of the door and sticks its tail into the hallway, swishing it back and forth.

Rayorian ducks only to jump to avoid the appendage.

Lucipher flattens himself against a wall, scowling, "This isn't fun anymore."

"Speak for yourself!" Rayorian retorts, doing a sideways flip over the tail.

Lucipher summons his flaming sword, holding it like a baseball bat. He pulls it back and swats the dragon on the butt with the flat side of the blade.

The dragon yelps, jerking away.

"Come on," Rayorian tells Lucipher before sprinting up the steps after Edward 2.0 with Lucipher following.

message 32: by Elamirdra (new)

Rhett bodily slams into the door at full speed, only slowing when he crosses the threshold.

message 33: by Rowen (last edited May 12, 2018 03:53PM) (new)

"Oh thank God," Dresseme breathes, standing from the chair she was seated in. "I'm so bored. I don't even have my phone."

message 34: by Elamirdra (last edited May 12, 2018 03:57PM) (new)

"Hello, madam. Don't worry; I'm going to get you out of here." Rhett knows he cannot take her back down the stairs towards the dragon. He scans the room, stopping at the window. He heads for the bed, stripping the linen and tying it together. They can escape through the window with him carrying her in a harness on his back.

message 35: by Rowen (last edited May 12, 2018 04:00PM) (new)

Dresseme eyes her mysterious rescuer. She decides to not mention the glitter. She places her hands on her hips, watching him, "What in Satan's name are you doing?"

Rayorian and Lucipher bound into the room, interrupting her. "Don't go down stairs," Lucipher says, "The dragon's guarding the door."

"With its ass," Rayorian replies.

Dresseme raises an eyebrow, "With you two involved, I'm not even going to ask."

message 36: by Elamirdra (last edited May 12, 2018 04:37PM) (new)

Rhett walks up to the woman, wrapping the harness around her.

message 37: by Rowen (last edited May 12, 2018 04:36PM) (new)

Dresseme swats the man's shoulder as he starts man handling her. "What do you think you're doing?!" she shrieks. "You better get your hands off me, sweetheart!"

message 38: by Elamirdra (last edited May 12, 2018 04:17PM) (new)

Rhett finds her behavior baffling. She must be frantic with fear. He tries to use the most soothing voice he can manage, "Please ma'am, calm down. I promise you I will save you, I will get you out of here alive."

message 39: by Rowen (last edited May 12, 2018 04:20PM) (new)

"Oh I know you did not just tell me to calm down!" Dresseme raises a hand to slap this misogynistic man.

message 40: by Elamirdra (new)

Rhett sidesteps her slap, lifts her up, and places her on his back, securing the harness.

message 41: by Rowen (new)

Dresseme cusses the man out, pounding on his head.

message 42: by Elamirdra (last edited May 12, 2018 04:32PM) (new)

The poor woman is clearly hysterical so Rhett decides to ignore her. Careful not to alert them to his plans Rhett calmly makes his way to his two companions and forcefully shoves them back. He turns on his heel, sprinting to the window, yelling "Distract the dragon!" over his shoulder before he climbs out with the woman on his back.

message 43: by Rowen (last edited May 12, 2018 04:35PM) (new)

Rayorian flails his arms, stumbling at the sudden jostle. "Fucking ass!" he barks.

Lucipher shrieks, loosing his balance and tumbling down the steps.

Rayorian ignores the Archangel, steps won't hurt him, and sprints after Edward. He dives out the window, flipping around to land on his feet. He straightens and glares at Lucipher. The Archangel, clearly having flown outside, offers a small wave.

message 44: by Elamirdra (new)

Rhett continues to carefully scale down the wall with the hysterical woman on his back shrieking in his ears and pounding on him. He barely notices the one in the white coat falling passed him towards the ground. He glances over both shoulders, scanning for the dragon but the skies are empty. He glances down, scanning the area below him also finding it empty.

"Please be quiet, the dragon will hear us," he tells the woman and quickens his pace down the tower, hoping to make it to the ground before the dragon spots them.

message 45: by Rowen (new)

Rayorian helps a relieved Dresseme off the man's shoulders, helping her remove the harness.

She huffs, bundling up the cloth and aggressively tossing it aside.

Rayorian tries not to snicker.

message 46: by Elamirdra (last edited May 12, 2018 04:47PM) (new)

Rhett turns around and yells at Lucipher, "Shield the woman!" He pulls his broadswords from his back, stepping in front of the woman.

message 47: by Rowen (last edited May 12, 2018 05:05PM) (new)

Rayorian raises an eyebrow at the vampire hybrid thing. He hasn't figured out what he is yet. He turns around and groans. He throws an arm out towards Lucipher, "Really, Lucipher?!"

Lucipher blinks, "What did I do?" and turns around. "Oh come on! How did it get behind me!"

Standing behind them and watching the exchange with amusement is the dragon. Its form begins to shrink, revealing that of a woman with long bronze hair and a dress of ever changing reds, yellows, browns, and oranges.

Dresseme huffs, "You said I was going to be rescued by a hottie. You didn't tell me he was going to be a misogonystic, manhandling hottie!"

The dragon turned woman chuckles.

Lucipher groans, "I knew it was you. You always sound like you're mocking me when you're talking."

"I am confused," Rayorian adds, "What was the point of this, Shimarune?"

Shimarune offers a small smile, "Character development."

"I still don't get it," Lucipher replies.

(The End)

message 48: by Rowen (new)

At a later date we'll go through and brainstorm on what our characters could have said or done that would demonstrate the personality traits that we want our characters to demonstrate. Group participation and suggestions are welcome.

message 49: by Elamirdra (new)

Rhett is a new Character for me, and right now he is OP, and just tooo perfect. He needs a few flaws and some quirks.
The line to the Dragon about calming down is not something he would have said in his Storyworld. But the Dragon reacted so expressively, it was an ah-ha moment for me. Rhett is thousands of years old, most of his life women were considered possessions, or the 'weaker sex' .... it makes sense that he would be at least a bit misogynistic. Bingo new flaw to explore!