The 4 Weeks Book Club discussion

The One Memory of Flora Banks (June 2018)

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Anthony (new)

Anthony Andrews (anthonyandrews) | 5 comments Mod
Hey everybody, welcome to the group! The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr
In June, we are going to be reading The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr!

Have you guys read this book? If so, what did you think of it?
Are you excited about reading this book?

This is a non-spoiler discussion, so please don’t put spoilers!

Feel free to discuss the book with other members in this group!

message 2: by Anthony (new)

Hey everybody,

How are you doing?

I am giving my overall thoughts on The One Memory of Flora Banks by Emily Barr, the book we are reading for June! I had heard so many people rave about this book saying it was fantastic and interesting, so that was why I thought it would be a great first book for the club! And perhaps you enjoyed it... I would love to hear your thoughts!
*MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS*

Anyways, the book wasn’t for me. I found the thought spirals of Flora we’re okay for perhaps one chapter, but you didn’t need everything repeated all the time. The book was written in a way that was too much for Flora and not for the reader.

I have a book review video coming out soon and will be announcing who is going to be picking next month’s book!

I would love to hear your thoughts down below!

message 3: by Beckie (new)

Beckie Malee Taylor (itsbeckslife) Just finished this book and really enjoyed it although I didn't' LOVE it! Just when you think you know Flora the author puts a spin on the tale and you're back to not knowing what's going on.

At first I was getting frustrated with the various repetitions but after the first few chapters it dawned on me that this is her, this is Flora, this is likely anyone who suffers with her condition or similar to Alzheimer's. I think it helped to set the character - I certainly felt at times as if I was Flora!

I did feel the the last couple of chapters were perhaps rushed but I think that this has left an opening for a sequel for - 'Jacobs Legacy' perhaps 😀

message 4: by Anthony (new)

Beckie wrote: "Just finished this book and really enjoyed it although I didn't' LOVE it! Just when you think you know Flora the author puts a spin on the tale and you're back to not knowing what's going on.

At ..."

Yeah I agree! Thanks for your comment, Beckie! July’s Book is going to be A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L’Engle and Beth Chats Books is a guest for next month so we chose together! Video will be up on my YouTube this coming week!