The Walt Longmire Book Series & TV Show Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Discussion Topics > What did you think of The Ferg in the Counting Coup Episode?

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sierra (last edited Jul 29, 2014 08:02AM) (new)

Sierra I was glad to see The Ferg got things off his chest last night and stood up for himself but could have picked a better time.

Not cool how Walt handled it but I think Walt just reached is breaking point with deputy drama after all dealing with Vic and Branch issues. He regretted it later.

However, just when I thought they were getting The Ferg back on track he was a major disappointment. I can't believe he caved so easily to Barlow and either chose not to do anything to warn Walt and Vic or didn't think to. Such a Wimp! I think he was busy trying to come up with a justification for what he did. He proved to Walt he's not ready to be counted on after all. Walt was disappointed. Again we see Vic is the only one that can be counted on.

message 2: by Joy (new)

Joy Walker | 13 comments I can understand Ferg's frustration growing over the last few episodes but he certainly came across as a whiny kid. After getting the "big boy desk" he lets himself be man-handled by Barlow. Ferg needs to step up next week if he wants to keep his desk & Walt's respect.

message 3: by Kim (new)

Kim | 14 comments He certainly had a right to speak up but he should have asked to talk to Walt privately in his office (like adults do at work) and not have a tantrum. Walt then blowing up didn't help either (but this all makes for good tv). I sort of wish Ruby gave Walt an earful (book Ruby would have told him he acted like a jackass).

message 4: by Kismet (new)

Kismet | 12 comments Kim wrote: "He certainly had a right to speak up but he should have asked to talk to Walt privately in his office (like adults do at work) and not have a tantrum. Walt then blowing up didn't help either (but t..."

Yes, I was hoping Ruby would say something too! The actress who plays Ruby is so good (she was amazing in Friday Night Lights). Wish they would make her role bigger, let her have a bigger presence.

Ferg certainly earned the right to speak up for himself but boy he sure messed it up.

message 5: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

Brenda (butterflyprincess) | 212 comments Mod
Ferg is a great character and Adam Bartley plays him to perfection. Ferg did what Ferg would do in real life. I think the writers did the only thing they could do at this point. Yes it was not the best timing or the best way to handle it But that's Ferg! I also feel that it opened Walt's eyes and in the future things will be different.

message 6: by Tammy, Moderator (new)

Tammy Hanson (sdflash32) | 23 comments Mod
I'm surprised that Walt didn't slam him against the wall and get in his face he was so mad! He picked the wrong time to be whiny last night and it may be a good think=g in the future for him. I think he looks up to both Branch and Walt and he is confused as to witch on to be loyal to.

message 7: by Mark (new)

Mark | 34 comments It seems Ferg is still trying to find his place in the department. He has shown a lot of improvement in his criminal investigation skills. Compare the first season - how he acted when be found the fella eaten by the bear - to how he conducts himself now - the episode with the chewed leg.

Problem is there just isn't much of a role for him. Obviously Vic is Walt's right hand person ... And Walt still does much of the investigating on his own. Ferg had the "dirty" work - research. Which he is good at accomplishing. He wants that more glamorous role of the field investigator.

It was good to see him stand up and have is say. It shows he is developing a backbone. And even though Barlow got Branch out of jail, all that Ferg said was true, he wasn't arrested. And Walt should appreciate loyalty to family.

Ferg is getting there -- after all, in the books he is best know for his fly fishing skills!

message 8: by Sierra (new)

Sierra Mark wrote: "It seems Ferg is still trying to find his place in the department. He has shown a lot of improvement in his criminal investigation skills. Compare the first season - how he acted when be found th..."

Craig has said that Ferg in the TV show is actually the son of The Ferg in the books.

message 9: by Maranda (new)

Maranda Prigmore (anthrochick1931) I like that Ferg finally stood up for himself. Course, I laughed really hard when Walt slung everything off Branch's desk & said there u go. Ferg is a good guy & Walt used him a lot in the earlier episodes but then has taken his attention to Vic.

message 10: by Lorelei (new)

Lorelei Hawkins | 30 comments Ferg is young. He doesn't have the investigative skills Vic honed on the streets of Philadelphia.

message 11: by Maranda (new)

Maranda Prigmore (anthrochick1931) I agree in some respects of that. However, he is a native & knows a little more on the ways of Wymoning

message 12: by Brenda, Co-Moderator (new)

Brenda (butterflyprincess) | 212 comments Mod
I agree Ferg does know the territory but they all do except Vic. Ferg is feeling frustrated about not being included with what is going on. He wants to be with the others investigating.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.