a true crime book club. discussion

Off Topic Discussion > Peter Likes Books, and We Like Him

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by M. (new)

M. (chellatrix) | 32 comments I told my husband I was doing a new book club, and that it was from Peter Likes Books. My husband laughed, and then told me all her knew about Peter just from overhearing me watching his Booktube channel.

It was funny.

So this thread is in honor of our host, who everyone knows loves To Kill a Mockingbird, cheesy 80s YA horror/thrillers, his husband, his dogs, his sobriety, and John Green but only some of the time.

What else does everyone know and admire about our host?

message 2: by Mel (new)

Mel (gingergonzoreads) | 652 comments Mod
EVERYTHING! He helps to keep me in a positive mindset

message 3: by M. (new)

M. (chellatrix) | 32 comments Mel wrote: "EVERYTHING! He helps to keep me in a positive mindset"

That's really true -- he always makes me smile when he gets that twinkle in his eye.

message 4: by Christine (new)

Christine Golden (library_lover) | 8 comments I totally agree that everything Peter talks about, especially on his Peterisms Channel, resonates with me. I like to take a few minutes to reflect on the point of his video.

message 5: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (52gatos) | 73 comments I wanna go to Bob Evans with him

message 6: by M. (new)

M. (chellatrix) | 32 comments Booooob Evans ... down on the farm!

message 7: by Mel (new)

Saaaaame

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa (nightfeare) I love how Peter makes me see things differently and that no matter how I feel, he always brings a smile to my face. 💙💙💙💙

message 9: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Kehoe | 2 comments I love how open and free he is. The energy he gives off is always very accepting and genuine. I love how unique he is and the courage he has and the way he inspires others to be who they are. :)

message 10: by Ainslee (new)

Ainslee | 1 comments Peter has led me to so many great books. I watch his YouTube channels daily. I’m so thankful to have gotten to know him through his videos 😃💙💙

message 11: by Christine (new)

Christine Golden (library_lover) | 8 comments I have DMed him several times either looking for advice or telling him how much I took away from one of his videos. Not only does he always reply but he is kind, caring and truly appreciates knowing he touched even one person. He’s my Good Judy in my head 🤗

message 12: by M. (new)

M. (chellatrix) | 32 comments And he has gorgeous blue eyes. :)

message 13: by Valerie (new)

Valerie Kehoe | 2 comments Yes he’s such an icon tbh

message 14: by J.N. (new)

J.N. (jncahill) | 299 comments That he has such an enthusiasm for not just books but also life & he has made me laugh so much. Have learned to view the world a little differently. Also, Vivian and Jane are probably one of my favorite skits ever. When I'm down I watch the Post Office video.

message 15: by Eva (new)

Eva Mato | 9 comments I love how he always makes me smile, even when I don't feel like it. How he puts a lot of common sense in this crazy world and focus always on the positive, encouraging everybody to better themselves and be nice to others. How I fell down the rabbit hole of youtube drama and watch his videos, even when I don't really know or care about all those people. And I love how passionate he is about books and how I discovered the Booktube community thanks to him.

message 16: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 4 comments Michelle wrote: "And he has gorgeous blue eyes. :)"

Yes he does!!! =D

message 17: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Cann (jekacann) | 27 comments His positivity!!! When I watch his videos I always feel so much better. His advice is awesome and I have implemented a lot of in into my life.

message 18: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (la_medusa) Love listening to his vlogs in the car to keep me company. He’s such a good soul.

& sometimes he spazzes and slips intensely into song or something and makes me laugh so hard.

Love his doggos too. P.P. looks just like my dog.

message 19: by Peter (new)

Peter Monn | 23 comments Mod
You guys!!!! This thread is really warming my heart today! Thank you so much! I love all of you too and can't wait to get to know you better! Hopefully one day we can have a big book club meetup!

LittleDeadRedGoddessPersephone | 30 comments I love his kindness. I like the way he makes me smile when I am at my lowest. I suffer from anxiety and depression and watching his vlogs or really any of his channels helps me so much. Even if I am having a hard day Peter can make things a little bit better.

message 21: by Amy (new)

Amy (amy1118) | 5 comments Watching Peter feels comfortable, like sitting down and chatting with a friend every day. He is there when I get ready and either motivates me in some way or makes me laugh, or both.

message 22: by Mel (new)

Peter wrote: "You guys!!!! This thread is really warming my heart today! Thank you so much! I love all of you too and can't wait to get to know you better! Hopefully one day we can have a big book club meetup!"

How amazing would that be?! Keep doing what you're doing, Peter!

message 23: by Taryn (new)

Taryn Ayotte | 0 comments Peter wrote: "You guys!!!! This thread is really warming my heart today! Thank you so much! I love all of you too and can't wait to get to know you better! Hopefully one day we can have a big book club meetup!"

Well, you ARE coming to Connecticut soon, and there really isn't too much to do here; soooo....What else are you going to do while Alex is working?! Lol! A little meet-up in a Barnes & Noble, used book store, or a Starbucks would be amazing! Plus CT, MA, & RI are so close together, it's not unrealistic that peeps from these surrounding areas wouldn't be able to come. Something to noodle on <3

message 24: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa (52gatos) | 73 comments i’m in NY...CT isn’t too far for me !

message 25: by Taryn (new)

Taryn Ayotte | 0 comments Vanessa wrote: "i’m in NY...CT isn’t too far for me !"

YAAASSSSSSS!!!!! <3

message 26: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Cann (jekacann) | 27 comments I live in SC ☹️. So maybe y'all could visit Charleston or Myrtle Beach sometime and do a meet up with some of us Southerners 😁😁

message 27: by Mom2triplets04 (new)

Mom2triplets04 | 38 comments He always makes me laugh and has those amazing blue eyes. Thanks Peter for making this book club. It's a lot of fun.

message 28: by Vanessa (new)

Vanessa Beerman | 2 comments I just want to be right next to him for motivation in writing my book. Possibly at Bob Evans! Lol

message 29: by Mel (new)

Jessica wrote: "I live in SC ☹️. So maybe y'all could visit Charleston or Myrtle Beach sometime and do a meet up with some of us Southerners 😁😁"

I looooooooooooooooooooove Charleston

message 30: by Jessica (new)

Jessica Cann (jekacann) | 27 comments I've actually only been a couple times. I live in Greenwood SC and were a pretty small town lol.