Paranormal Romance & Urban Fantasy discussion

Urban Fantasy > Question about Kate Daniels

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 7 comments As always, I'm looking for new books to read. I really liked Ilona Andrews' Edge series but I've never read their Kate Daniels stuff, though I've heard good things.

My issue is I don't like when the characters jump from relationship to relationship. I'm more of a happy ending, forever love kind of girl, not that it can't sometimes be rocky, but I hate triangle storylines.

Which leads me to my question: Does the Kate Daniels series have multiple love interests?

message 2: by Grace (new)

Grace (Calcat) | 99 comments No real triangle here, the relationship develops over several books. It is an excellent series and book 7 is out today.

message 3: by Lee (new)

Lee (you-gotta-love-books) | 17 comments There isn't a love triangle, just a gorgeous, bad ass love interest which, like Grace said, develops over several books.

You should definitely give it a try xD

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer) (mlpmombookreviewer) | 839 comments Yep like the others said just a very slow building relationship. To be honest I didn't like Curan in book one at all, he had to win me over over the course of the next two books but I adore him now.

message 5: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) Also not a fan of love triangles but you can rest easy with the Kate Daniels although as others have said, the relationship develops over several books. There is a lot of sexual tension in books 1-3 but it only really gets going in #4.

message 6: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 7 comments Thank you so much everyone! I'll definitely be getting the books now!

message 7: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Jul 29, 2014 02:49PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) | 2659 comments Mod
(Doing a Snoopy dance with happiness) and that new book is out to day. YAAAYYYYYYYY. Unfortunately--I'm holding onto it until August 1, so that I can use Curran as one of my Leo reads for the monthly challenge. :o) So, no spoilers, ok? Just say if it's as good as the others.

message 8: by Mina (new)

Mina Khan (spicebites) | 127 comments You should definitely try the Kate Daniels series. Not only are Kate & Curran a couple, but also the stories are really about Kate coming into her own as a person. Love this series and The Edge one too...this is more UF, while TE is more light paranormal romance (to me). {Light not in funny, but lighter than the Kate Daniels stories]