Entrepreneur Book Club discussion

Past Book Nominations > Nominations for June Book Read

Comments Showing 1-15 of 15 (15 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peter (on semi hiatus and trying to catch up) (last edited May 11, 2018 05:01PM) (new)

Peter (on semi hiatus and trying to catch up) (peterdonnelly) Please ensure the book you nominate is currently in commercial print and available widely to ensure all members can participate.

Please remember you may only nominate one book.

Nominations shall close at 11:59 pm PDT on 18th May

Current Nominations:
1. Zero to One by Peter Thiel (Santosh)
2. Blue Ocean Strategy by W. Chan Kim (Katerina)

message 2: by Santosh (new)

Santosh Moharana | 2 comments Zero to One by Peter thiel

Peter (on semi hiatus and trying to catch up) (peterdonnelly) Santosh wrote: "Zero to One by Peter thiel"

Great nomination - been dying to read this book.

message 4: by Katerina (new)

Katerina Trajchevska (trajchevska) | 2 comments "Blue Ocean Strategy: How To Create Uncontested Market Space And Make The Competition Irrelevant" by W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne
Haven't read it yet, but got some high recommendations so it's in my to-read.

Peter (on semi hiatus and trying to catch up) (peterdonnelly) Katerina wrote: ""Blue Ocean Strategy: How To Create Uncontested Market Space And Make The Competition Irrelevant" by W. Chan Kim and Renée Mauborgne
Haven't read it yet, but got some high recommendations so it's i..."

It's on my list as well and is such a seminal piece of work.

message 6: by Anas (new)

Anas Safar (anas_safar) | 1 comments Zero to One by Peter Thiel

Peter (on semi hiatus and trying to catch up) (peterdonnelly) With more than 1 book nominated we'll open a poll on 19th May and run it until 25th May to determine the June book read.

Peter (on semi hiatus and trying to catch up) (peterdonnelly) Anas wrote: "Zero to One by Peter Thiel"

Thanks for seconding that book.

message 9: by Justin (new)

Justin Kerby (justinkerby) | 29 comments Mod
Zero to One is great, I'd vote for it as well. I think it would really benefit the group.

I also really want to read Predictable Revenue by Aaron Ross & Marylou Tyler and Story Brand by Donald Miller.

Peter (on semi hiatus and trying to catch up) (peterdonnelly) Justin wrote: "Zero to One is great, I'd vote for it as well. I think it would really benefit the group.

I also really want to read Predictable Revenue by Aaron Ross & Marylou Tyler and Story Brand by Donald Mi..."

Are we keeping those books for future nominations or do you want them to go to the poll this month? I like both so would love to see them get a chance.

message 11: by JunZhe (new)

JunZhe | 2 comments Scaling up by Verne Harnish.
It's like a bible for to-dos in a business management context!

Peter (on semi hiatus and trying to catch up) (peterdonnelly) JunZhe wrote: "Scaling up by Verne Harnish.
It's like a bible for to-dos in a business management context!"

Can you please come back and submit this book for the July nominations. The June nominations and poll are complete, and we have selected Zero to One for the June group read. I hope you can join the discussions.

message 13: by JunZhe (new)

JunZhe | 2 comments Peter wrote: "JunZhe wrote: "Scaling up by Verne Harnish.

Can you please come back and submit this book for the July nominations. The June nomina..."

No prob! I didn't know it ended HAHA

Peter (on semi hiatus and trying to catch up) (peterdonnelly) JunZhe wrote: "Peter wrote: "JunZhe wrote: "Scaling up by Verne Harnish.

Can you please come back and submit this book for the July nominations. T..."

JunZhe, do you want to nominate this book for the July read?

Peter (on semi hiatus and trying to catch up) (peterdonnelly) JunZhe wrote: "Peter wrote: "JunZhe wrote: "Scaling up by Verne Harnish.

Can you please come back and submit this book for the July nominations. T..."

Would you like to nominate this book for the July group read?