The Selection [RP] discussion

[ MODS ] > mod chat

Comments Showing 1-50 of 94 (94 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Angel (new)

Angel (angelyh) | 241 comments Mod
the mods discuss matters of the group here. please, regular members, do not comment!

message 2: by Angel (last edited May 09, 2018 04:24PM) (new)

I think we should assign group roles to everyone, like what they're in charge of, etc.

message 3: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) That definitely sounds like a good idea since everyone has different things that they’re good at. What are we thinking the jobs will be?

message 4: by Angel (last edited May 09, 2018 04:32PM) (new)

I think Cosmic is handling organization / aesthetics well. Lily handles messages. Maybe I can be character approval? Ev, what are you good at?

message 5: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) I’m good at helping people get started and helping them out with characters if they need it, and I can also keep an eye on the rps and make sure they stay PG

message 6: by Angel (new)

Yay! I guess you can be in charge of making sure RPs stay PG-13 & helping newbies get situated, like hospitality?

message 7: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Yup, and I can also approve characters when needed

message 8: by Angel (new)

Max didn’t claim a face claim, so his character cannot be approved.

message 9: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Hey, I was thinking that we should have a thread where people can just chat and get to know each other. In the groups that I've been in, it's always more fun if there's a sense of community throughout the group. What do y'all think?

message 10: by Angel (new)

yes! we have a chat, but lily said it was for talking about the selection only (?) so i think a “fun” chat would be good too!

message 11: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Yup, we have a chat for topics pertaining to the group, but we can also just have a "get to know everyone" chat. I'll go ahead and make it, but I can delete it later if Lily doesn't like it

message 12: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Also, are we saying that this is set before or after America Singer's Selection? I'm like 80% sure it's before but I just wanted to clarify

message 13: by Angel (new)

I haven't read the newer selecton books, but don't they get rid of castes in the heir? so probably before

message 14: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Yeah, they did, so it's before

message 15: by Max (new)

Max ahh, sorry! I just realized that i'm a mod in this group too. I've been searching for the character claim for my character, but I simply found it online and I have no idea who he really is. I will keep searching for now, but I might not be able to find it. Also, if you guys have anything you want me to do, just let me know!

message 16: by Angel (new)

hi max! I would recommend that you find a fc you are sure of, instead of just a random pic. If you decide to stay with your random pic, maybe reverse search it and claim the link until you get a name?

message 17: by Angel (new)

Lily, to be frank, making Max a mod just because he’s a Selected prince is a bit silly.

I’m also to hit you up with more honesty- not making people do FCs is a recipe for disaster. People might end up with the same FC and fight— yikes!! It’s just a basic thing that we need for the group to run effectively .

message 18: by Angel (new)

You’re welcome Lily! I still think FCs need to be enforced, just for sanity reasons, haha.

message 19: by Angel (new)

I also think we have enough mods. In one of my groups, we once had 5 mods at a time (eek) but it really wasn’t too much better than having two? Like, it plateaus is my point.

message 20: by Angel (new)

okay! one of my characters is a total fan girl, so that works!

message 21: by Angel (new)

This might be a touchy topic for some, but what about racial diversity ? The selection just isn’t all white right? Maybe we could make it a rule to have a diverse array of characters?

Also, maybe a fun and new thing would be making the selection open to guys as well? Just an idea!

message 22: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) One of my characters is a woc, but I’m fairly sure she is the only one who isn’t white. While I do agree that we should definitely encourage diversity, I don’t think that we should force make it a rule

message 23: by Max (new)

Max Sorry, I keep disappearing. I think that opening up the selection to guys as well could be really fun, it would make the characters personalities more diverse. As well as for the rule about racial diversity, I agree that making it a rule perhaps isn't the greatest idea but encouraging it would probably be good.

message 24: by Max (new)

Max also, plenty of groups don't have super organized face claims, and they work out just fine! I always just think of face claims as the base of someones character, but they have other physical characteristics so even if two people have the same fc, that just means that their characters look similar.

message 25: by Angel (new)

Max, I’m going to disagree with you... I have never seen an RP group (except maybe 1x1 groups where it doesn’t matter) not enforce claiming face claims.

Lily, why not have multi gender selected this go around? I hate to be so cynical, but a group’s activity usually peters out after a month or so unless everybody is very dedicated (so maybe not this RP), so maybe we should get it in now? I personally have a character I would love to use as a male selected!

message 26: by Angel (new)

Maybe the next selected could be Eva? I know she’s straight, but wouldn’t all be heirs to the throne who are finding their partner be the selected royal?

message 27: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) The way the Selection worked in the books was the heir was looking for their spouse or whatever. Eva would likely be married off to some ally. Then, the prince from this Selection’s child would be the center of the next one. If we want to change that up, that’s fine, but I just wanted to clarify that stuff

message 28: by Angel (new)

Ahh, ok! I haven’t read the selection books in years, so I forgot all the minute details

message 29: by Max (new)

Max Totally agree, that means Allesandro has to be bi right?

message 30: by Max (new)

Max People always adopt, or use surrogate mothers. I don't think we have to worry about that too much. Plus we should see if anyone is going to make a male character first

message 31: by Angel (new)

I think the all created characters list is a bit silly. Why not just stick with the completed characters thread?

message 32: by Angel (new)

May I suggest for the one on one meetings or group dates, we create a special folder with a different topic for each relationship and keep all dates with that individual in that topic?

for example, all prince / alec dates would go in the "prince & alec" topic of the "dates" folder and all prince / alec / melodia dates would go in a "prince, alec, and melodia" topic of the "dates" folder

message 33: by Max (new)

Max I think that's a great idea! But of course you should go through Lily first.

message 34: by Angel (new)

okay!

message 35: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Hey, I had an idea and wanted to see what y'all thought. I've seen a couple groups that have a "recap" thread where after an rp is finished, one of the people summarizes the rp. I think this could be useful for helping keep characters consistent from one rp to the next. What do you guys think?

message 36: by Angel (new)

sounds tedious, but maybe we could incorporate it into the capitol report?

message 37: by Angel (new)

if people really want to know, they can read the rp

message 38: by Angel (new)

how should we organize group dates? like 2-3 selected and the prince, random choice? and maybe a “meet the family date”?

message 39: by Angel (new)

should we have a character claim for foreigners? like dont the princes or princesses from other countries visit

message 40: by Angel (new)

I have a weekend assignment for all of us!

We are going to look at other Selection RP groups, and find 3+ things we like about the group & 1+ things we don’t like about the group, detailing our responses here, with links if necessary.

I think this will really help the group reach its full potential!

message 41: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) That’s such a good idea! I will definitely try and do that next week! I’m going to be out of town this weekend for a karate tournament (National Qualifiers, wish me luck!), so I’ll only have access to my phone and not my laptop

message 42: by Angel (new)

good luck ev! and don’t worry, i do most gr stuff from my phone

message 43: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Thanks! I was just looking around a little at Selection rp groups, and it looks like most of then fizzle out after the first Selection or so. I think that maybe we should have certain dates that stuff happens on. Also, on a totally different note, should I go ahead and make rooms for all the approved selected?

message 44: by Angel (new)

yes, go ahead and make rooms! and then people can post pictures if they wish

message 45: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Do you think I should put them under the castle thread or make a new bedroom folder? I was thinking put them under castle, but I saw some of the other Selection groups had a separate folder

message 46: by Angel (new)

there is already a bedroom folder, put them there. let’s not clog up the castle folder.

message 47: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Sounds good! I’ll get on that

message 48: by Angel (new)

ty ev!

message 49: by Angel (new)

i was thinking of adding a safe room (something i saw in a selection rp) as well as a library and music room to the castle. thoughts?

message 50: by Angel (last edited May 11, 2018 09:04PM) (new)

assignment (in progress)

+ https://www.goodreads.com/topic/group...

this group has tons of options to rp!! i say we find the ines that are most rp-ed in (2?3?) & add them in. I don’t we need as many as they had. I also like how they have rp places available for rebels!

+ https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

I like how the castle is divided into floors. That way, if we have a lot of topics, it can still remain neat. Also, the aesthetics of the group are pleasing as well!

+

- https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

I do not like how the group has very vague topics about discussing the selection. I think we have a good idea with the group chat (like we could discuss who we think would win in there, shipping characters, etc)

« previous 1