The Selection [RP] discussion

[ GENERAL ] > q&a

Comments Showing 1-44 of 44 (44 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) So I'm kinda new here, but I've been in selection groups before. I was wondering if it would be okay to like, use characters I've already made so long as they fit the template?

I only ask because I know some groups have a weird thing against it.

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) Thanks :) I'll have to look for where I saved mine.

Also I do have a half-question kind of. I saw the announcement about wanting to start the selection sort of soon. Does this mean that you won't be waiting for all 35 girls? Or will you be allowing more than one selected per person.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

only three characters per person, so maybe more than 1 selected? and definiteley not waiting for 35 haha

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) Oh only three characters period? That's the smallest character restriction I've ever seen.

message 5: by ☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (last edited May 09, 2018 06:46PM) (new)

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) May I still suggest raising it to five? Because that gives flexibility with personalities to play with, you know? That way you're not stuck to just a few that maybe you're not feeling that day.

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) Awesome ^-^ I'm sorry if it sounded like I was pushy or anything (and I really didn't want to because I hate when people come into groups and try to change things they don't understand) I just wanted to lend some light on the topic based on my own past experiences :)

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

been a long time since i read the books so, are other royals (ie duchesses) allowed to be in the selected?

message 8: by Ev (last edited May 09, 2018 07:47PM) (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) If I remember correctly, there aren’t really other royals like duchesses or anything. Royals from other countries were not allowed in the Selection since the basis of the whole thing is choosing a daughter of Illéa

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

are all religious figures (from someone like the pope to a common preacher) all caste 1?

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) Angel wrote: "are all religious figures (from someone like the pope to a common preacher) all caste 1?"

If I may say I think those were actually caste 2, since those were lesser governmental(and whatnot) figures.

message 11: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) It’s totally fine to play characters of other genders than your own, as long as you feel comfortable with it

message 12: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) I can do that! I’ll get started on the character this evening. Do you have a preference as to what gender?

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

question about the caste system- what if a girl (musician, caste 5) married a business man (caste 4), would she still be able to keep her lower caste job or would she have to get a caste 4 job?

message 14: by [deleted user] (new)

is there a way a guy could switch their caste? For instance, my selected guy is the son of a tech company owner, but is really good at track stuff. Could he ever become a 2 via his athleticism?

message 15: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) Based on the books, I don’t think so. America’s brother really wanted to move up, but even though he made a bunch of money and was good at other things, there wasn’t a way for his caste to move up unless she married Maxon

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) May I suggest (even though this is probably totally unneeded) that even if we don't get 35 girls for the selection, we still imply that there is 35? Just to keep the integrity of the tradition, if nothing else.

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

up to 5, since you can have 5 characters total.

message 18: by ☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (last edited May 11, 2018 01:31PM) (new)

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) Should I claim my concert pianist or is that unnecessary?

message 19: by [deleted user] (new)

Unnecessary

message 20: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) Is there anything extra I should do if I want to make one of the members of the royal families (Swendway, East Asia, etc.)?

message 21: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) How would I show that they are part of one of the royal families?

☣ EMᕈRESS SERΔ ☣ (empress-sera) May I make a suggestion on the operation of dates and eliminations and etc?

In the one successful Selection group I participated in, the prince scheduled three or four dates with the selects during the week, and then once the prince had been on a date with each girl was when the elimination occurred.
Seeing as how we're not starting with actually 35 girls, I feel like the non-real characters should be slowly eliminated first, with maybe one real character mixed in after at least the first round.

Just a suggestion based on past experiences. Do with it what you will ^-^

message 23: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) Why do some characters not get private dates with the prince?

message 24: by Ev (new)

Ev (kickbuttbookworm) They just haven't been put in there yet, there's not any major reason for it

message 25: by quq (new)

quq  (190511) Okie dokey!

message 26: by [deleted user] (new)

Ive never read the book can i still rp?

message 27: by [deleted user] (new)

sure!!

message 28: by Lily Marie (new)

Lily Marie Hey, this isn't really a question, more a suggestion. What if instead of doing girl-boy for each province, it was based on who the Selected was competing for? Like a Prince column and a Princess column?

message 29: by Lily Marie (new)

Lily Marie Also, it could be potentially problematic to do a double selection unless there is an explanation that fixes it, because in the books, whoever was having the selection would go on to rule.

message 30: by [deleted user] (new)

ah, interesting idea. I was going by the theory that the selection would remain heteronormative as that’s how it is innthe series.

I made my character the princess as the older twin for now, but whoever creates the prince is welcome to make them the older twin if they desire. Maybe then the princess could meet a foreign royal or something!

message 31: by Lily Marie (new)

Lily Marie How opposed would you be to a new idea? Whomever the younger twin is could have a selection/be courted by royals/nobles from other countries!

I know it isn't in the books, and could get... diplomatically messy... but it might be worth a shot!

Sorry if I sound super demanding or something I'm just trying to help a group that I think could go far!

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

good idea! I think that actually happened in one of the selection books?

message 33: by Lily Marie (new)

Lily Marie I recall America and Maxon's younger twin (ugh what is his name) being courted but I don't recall the details.

message 34: by jay (new)

jay (jaysonstreet) | 118 comments is the prince still open? 🥰

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

yes!

message 36: by jay (new)

jay (jaysonstreet) | 118 comments any chance there’s a thread where i can claim him?

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

yup! character/province claims. do you need a link?

message 39: by jay (new)

jay (jaysonstreet) | 118 comments wonderful. many thanks, my dear.

message 40: by [deleted user] (new)

you're welcome!! :)

message 41: by [deleted user] (last edited Dec 12, 2018 11:33AM) (new)

Do i also start in the introduction room?

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

yes!

Lynx ~ 10/1 Never Forgotten | 51 comments Am I correct in assuming they can't bring pets? Lol. XD The answer will determine her necklace. Especially since I doubt she can take a tiger, as awesome as that would be.

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

No pets!